Michigan-Lansing

MSU Chapel - Friday night ceremony

Hello MSU brides-

I'm interested in doing a Friday evening ceremony at the MSU Chapel and was wondering if anyone else had done this, and if so, had any advice for the timing. I.e.: what time did your ceremony start (and then your reception!), how you dealt with parking, and how long it took to get in there, decorate it, get people seated, having the ceremony, and get out.

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks.

Re: MSU Chapel - Friday night ceremony

• DD was married there on a Friday.  We had scheduled the ceremony to start at 6, but it didn't start until almost 6:30 due to some transportation issues.  The reception started at 7:30.  Getting into decorate is tight, because you can only get in during your time block.  Fortunately the chapel is pretty enough that you need a lot of decorations, but a DOC would be helpful to take care of that for you, if it is in your budget.  If I had to do over again, we probably would have started at 6:30. 

Parking can be an issue, but generally, Steve (the sexton) will tell you to have anyone that gets a ticket to give it to him and he will take care of it.  Usually the MSU police will know if there is a function at the Chapel and normally won't ticket cars in the general area around that time (unless you are in a handicap space).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards