Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Hair Salon etiquette - can I have multiple vendors?

I have a large wedding party - myself, 6 bridesmaids and 3 mom's who all will be getting hair and/or makeup done.
My question is - Can I use multiple salons?
I was emailing one salon back and forth and she was saying with how many women I have we would need to start at 9AM for my 1PM wedding and it would probably have to be at my house or their salon (about 20 min away) as I cannot get into my ceremony venue until 12. 
So my thought is that I might use multiple salons to cut down on the time one salon might need.  Is this OK? 

Thanks for the advice!

Re: Hair Salon etiquette - can I have multiple vendors?

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I have a large wedding party - myself, 6 bridesmaids and 3 mom's who all will be getting hair and/or makeup done.
    My question is - Can I use multiple salons?
    I was emailing one salon back and forth and she was saying with how many women I have we would need to start at 9AM for my 1PM wedding and it would probably have to be at my house or their salon (about 20 min away) as I cannot get into my ceremony venue until 12. 
    So my thought is that I might use multiple salons to cut down on the time one salon might need.  Is this OK? 

Thanks for the advice!

I don't really think it matters.

Another option is to let your friends/family choose their own salons.

FWIW, the last two weddings I've been in have started hair/makeup in the morning for afternoon weddings so the salon you reference isn't being out of line.

A 20 minute drive to your venue from a salon really isn't that bad...

• Options
    I hope you aren't requiring your bridesmaids to get their hair and make up done. 

And I agree with what itzMS said, starting at 9am for a 1pm ceremony sounds normal to me. I've been in a bunch of weddings, and we have always start around 9 or 10 in the morning. 
  • Options
    Good point about the drive.  Probably better to be there than cramped in my apartment

Thanks
  • Options
    If your WP isn't from the area, I would suggest some salons/send them the info, and let them take it from there. It saves you the headache.

When I've been a BM in my hometown, I ready have a stylist I prefer so I just use them anyway.
  • Options
    Not requiring to get hair and makeup done.
    Many are from out of town, so I did want to have everything set up ahead (pardon the pun?) of time as they don't know the salons in the area.

Thanks for the reassurance on the timeline, it seemed excessive to me but I've only been in one wedding and there weren't that many women doing their hair.
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Not requiring to get hair and makeup done.
    Many are from out of town, so I did want to have everything set up ahead (pardon the pun?) of time as they don't know the salons in the area.

Thanks for the reassurance on the timeline, it seemed excessive to me but I've only been in one wedding and there weren't that many women doing their hair.

A good thing to remember, is to let people come and go as they please. Don't make everyone show up at 9:00 if their appointment isn't until 10:30. Don't make everyone stick around until the last appointment is done.

For example, I always have to go first as I have long stick-straight hair so I take the longest for an updo. My appointment is usually also done first, so I head home (or to the hotel) to pick up my hubby and such.

Give your salon a detailed list of the women's hair types and it should work out swimmingly.

• Options
    @itzMS thanks for the further advice!  good call!
  • Options
    My concerns would also include paying. I know when I called around to multiple salons the prices were comparable but not exactly the same. Granted, they have the right to charge what they want, but I can't help but think people would be offended to be getting paid $15 less than someone doing the same job right next to them. Likewise, I'd feel weird having to pay $15 more than another BM or some one. 9am for a 1pm isn't bad. Mine is actually starting 30 minutes earlier for a later wedding.
  • Options
    Thanks all for the advice!  As the Original Poster, I'm checking out.  I just contacted the salon again and will work with them!
  • Options
    Yeah, the timing isn't weird - we have 6 people for hair and 5 for makeup, so we have two H/MUAs coming at 8am for my 2:30 wedding (we're leaving my house by 1:30ish).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    I would e-mail (or call) the BMs and say, "I am getting my hair done at ___ Salon. They charge ____ for updos/styling if you are interested in also getting your hair done. If you'd like, I can call and set up an appointment for you, or here is their number if you would like to set up your own. There are also some other area salons: _____." Just let them set up their own appointments if they wish to get their hair or makeup done.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards