Favors

Wedding Favor/wedding party Help

sam16c4sam16c4 member
edited June 2013 in Favors
I Have been freaking out i have no idea what to give for wedding favors or wedding  party gifts please help
Samantha?
3-14-2015 I'll marry my best friend and my firefighter?

Re: Wedding Favor/wedding party Help

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    sam16c4 said:
    I Have been freaking out i have no idea what to give for wedding favors or wedding  party gifts please help

Considering the fact that you have almost two years until your wedding, I suggest waiting to make minor decisions like these.

After you set a budget, the first step will be to get all of the "big" stuff out of the way. Officiant, venue, food, cake, attire, flowers, music, etc.

Favors aren't even requried and are a great thing to cut if you're on a budget.

You shouldn't be asking your wedding party until at least March 2014, so come back then and we can help you pick out personal gifts for each person. Matchy-matchy gifts are a thing of the past.

• I agree that your wedding is pretty far away to be freaking out over that stuff, but you will probably get more help if you gave us some information. What kind of wedding are you having? Where is it? Is there any kind of theme?
  • Ditto PPs. If you're freaking out over this 2 years in advance, you're going to be a basket case in the month before the wedding. 

Favors are not required, but edible is the best way to go with them. 
    You should shop for your bridal party gifts the same way you would shop for them if it were their birthdays or Christmas. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • For my bridesmaids my mom is hand making head bands and bracelets for the girls to on my wedding day. They can also use them after because they will pretty much match with anything. My groomsman are getting little baskets with a mini bottle of their favorite liquor and a customized shot glass, and some candy. For favors, i would go for something edible, guests will like it better than some knick knack that is just going to sit on shelf and collect dust. Hope that helps!
  • You certainly have started ahead of time... and I applaud you for doing that.  I have many brides who wait to the last minute to take care of things, and then wind up disappointed because the wedding favors and bridal party gifts they want are out of stock.  If you want to order favors or wedding party gifts I recommend that you order them 7-8 months ahead of time.  That way you will get what you want.  It is hard to tell a bride that the "one" thing she really wants is backordered and could never be delivered to her in time.  Take some time to think about your wedding theme and colors and then figure out exactly what you want to do with your décor.  Keep a notebook with all your thoughts. You will be so glad that you have started so far in advance!
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    http://weddingshop.theknot.com/catalog/viewall.aspx?nc=allfavors  Look around and see what you and your FI like.  You might also want to pick something that goes with your wedding theme (if you have one).  For example, for a beach wedding, you might give a starfish bottle stopper.
  • I haven't even thought about my BM's gifts, though I already know who they're going to be, and I'm a little over a year out.  Probably a pretty piece of jewelry, something that matches their personality, or something like that though.  :)  You've got plenty of time.  Worry about that later on, because a lot can change between now and then and you might change your mind about what you'd like to get them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards