June 2013 Weddings

Grandfather Passing Away

After all of the time spent planning and preparing for possible issues there is one that has come up that I have never worked through.  My grandfather is really not doing well.  He had a stroke last week and his body has been deteriorating since.  He has not eaten in about 14 days and his organs are starting to shut down.

He has said to my mom that he is trying to hold on until the wedding but doesn't know if he can.  How do I let him know that as much as I want him to be there I don't want him to be in pain or suffering and I will be ok if he can't?  

I really just don't know how to respond to this with everything else going on and am now just a complete emotional wreck...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Grandfather Passing Away

• First of all I am sorry to hear about your grandfather being so sick. I Think maybe you should put wedding stuff on the back burner for a few days an spend some time with him. Tell him just what you told us. Make some of those last days and hours a special memory for you.

If he is still able to come that would be wonderful. However, if not, assure him you know he will still be there in spirit and truly believe it. He will be celebrating, just from a better place. Your day will still happen and you will look beautiful and marry the man of your dreams. Maybe you could incorporate a special candle for him or something of his as your "something old".

Everything is going to be okay. This is a hard time for your family but you have been given the opportunity of time to share with him for a few more days or hours. Use it! Then treasure the memories you have made with him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards