Wedding Party
Options

Who stands with who?

DF and I are working on planning our wedding. First, we've run into an issue with the date. Of course!! IT's being owrked on to try and be able to use the date we've planned, but still holding my breath.

Secondly, I've tried to call my sister three times about being one of my bridesmaid. She has yet to return my calls. DF and I agreed that we would ask our siblings to stand up with us. His two bros have agreed, along with his sister in law. The lone hold out is my sister. Here is my issue - if my sister accepts, I would like her to stand next to me. However, that would have her walking down the isle with the married brother, who's wife is also in the party. She wouldn't have an issue walking with the other brother, as we are all very close. But still, it would seem weird to me.

Suggestions? Or am I overthinking it?

Re: Who stands with who?

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

DH was the best man in a wedding. I was a bridesmaid. We walked separately and were fine. You're overthinking it.

• Options
    Wicked93 said:

DF and I are working on planning our wedding. First, we've run into an issue with the date. Of course!! IT's being owrked on to try and be able to use the date we've planned, but still holding my breath.

Secondly, I've tried to call my sister three times about being one of my bridesmaid. She has yet to return my calls. DF and I agreed that we would ask our siblings to stand up with us. His two bros have agreed, along with his sister in law. The lone hold out is my sister. Here is my issue - if my sister accepts, I would like her to stand next to me. However, that would have her walking down the isle with the married brother, who's wife is also in the party. She wouldn't have an issue walking with the other brother, as we are all very close. But still, it would seem weird to me.

Suggestions? Or am I overthinking it?

Another vote for over-thinking. FI and I have been in a wedding party together twice. We walked separately both times. No big deal - it takes like 20 seconds to walk down.  Just make sure you seat couples together at the reception. 
  • Options

Thank you ladies!!!! I was thinking I was overthinking it. LOL - I tend to do that!!

I had already talked to FSIL - from the moment we met, we were two peas in a pod. I have no problem with her standing with me.

• Options
    Overthinking. It's such a miniscule detail that will work itself out.
  • Options
    Agree with the overthinking.  But if you are having the BP introduced at the reception.  Then I would switch up the pairings and let the married couple walk in together.  The DJ can still annouce that the man is BM and then when your sister is introduced, he can announce her as MOH.
  • Options
    SandraSandra member
    5 Love Its First Comment

You were definitely over think in it. The only couple that you should worry about is you and your future husband.

Don´t worry!!

• Options
    I agree overthinking. You could have the married couple still stand together for pictures afterwords; who cares about the five seconds of walking together? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards