Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Hair and Makeup

msdds51msdds51 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited September 2013 in Wedding Etiquette Forum

I am paying for all of my bridesmaids and mother to get their hair and makeup done for my wedding.  My FI's sister happens to be in my bridal party so she is included.  My future MIL mentioned that she wasn't sure if she would get her makeup done but she's been having some hair trials on her own for a style for the wedding.  Should I invite her (pay for her) to get her hair and makeup done with the rest of us?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair and Makeup

• Options
    I think it's just fine to offer to pay for your bridesmaids only.
  • Options
    I don't think you *have* to, but it would be a nice gesture, especially since your FSIL is a bridesmaid.
  • Options
    I think it would be nice for you to do since FSIL will be there and you are paying for your mother in addition to the wedding party.
  • Options
    hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    I agree with tammym1001 that it would be nice to offer to pay for her especially since you're paying for your mother. If she declines then ok but you don't want to possibly end up hurting feelings by not at least offering.
  • Options
    I think it would be a nice gesture that might go far with you FMIL. 
  • Options

Very nice gesture, and it would be awkward if she's the only one who has to pay.

That's super nice and generous of you, and your BMs will appreciate it!!

• Options

Thank you for the quick responses.  I'll probably extend the offer.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think you need to pay for her. Are you paying for your mom's hair and makeup?
  • Options
    Oh, sorry - I just re-read your post. If you're paying for your mother, you should probably pay for your FMIL. 
  • Options

I agree if FMIL comes you should pay for her since you're paying for your mom.  BUT I don't think you have to invite her to get ready with you.  Many brides have that time just with their mom and/or their BMs. 

My MIL was with us at the salon (and actually picked up the whole tab which was an awesome unexpected gift), but then she finished getting ready at her hotel and went to take photos with the boys while my mom and I and the rest of the girls went back to my house to get dressed and do photos.  If you're having your hair done onsite or something and aren't comfortable with her there the whole time (i.e. while you're getting in your dress, etc.) I don't think it's out of line to have it just be your mom and your girls.

• Options
    Everything will be done onsite, so that is something I will have to keep in mind.  I definitely would like to be able to relax with my mom before the walk down the aisle. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards