Wedding Reception Forum

DECO FOR RECPTION!!! HELP ME!!!!

shinssoshinsso member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited August 2013 in Wedding Reception Forum

Hello,

I am at a complete road block for ideas for my fall wedding reception with a very tight budget. Our colors are blush, peach, and ivory. I cannot afford to spend over $1500 on decorations and I am honestly planning this whole thing by myself because I cannot afford a wedding planner! Someone please give me some ideas that we can afford.

( DONT LIKE COLOR OF THE STRUCTURE ON CEILING!- )

Re: DECO FOR RECPTION!!! HELP ME!!!!

• shinsso said:

Hello,

I am at a complete road block for ideas for my fall wedding reception with a very tight budget. Our colors are blush, peach, and ivory. I cannot afford to spend over $1500 on decorations and I am honestly planning this whole thing by myself because I cannot afford a wedding planner! Someone please give me some ideas that we can afford.

Don't overdecorate.  Just have table linens, a simple centerpiece (a dollar store vase with a few flowers) and maybe some votives candles.   Simple is usually better.
  • I agree with the prior poster, you can go simple. Other than my own wedding, I couldn't tell you what the decor was at any other wedding I went to. In other words, there are no "aha, that decor was super" moments in my memory.

However, if you are doing a lot of DIY decor, unless your venue provides someone to set it out and take it down, you may want to consider a DOC (day of wedding) coordinator. They run around $500 for the day of your wedding, but they do all the organization of your vendors, set things up, take down, pack up, etc. It was the best money I spent on my wedding. We just dropped stuff off the night before and we showed up and it was perfect.

Good luck.

• WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?!?!?

Anniversary

• I agree that simple is usually best - besides table linens and simple centerpieces, depending on the room's lighting, uplighting might help create a nice, warm atmosphere.
  • LuxaniLuxani member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Check out etsy.com for some cute and affordable decorations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards