Pre-wedding Parties
Options

XP: Engagement Party Hostess Gift

My parents are hosting an engagement party for my fiance & I next weekend. They are technically co-hosting it with their friends, who offered to host the party at their house. When I asked what the couple likes (so that we could give them a token of our appreciation for opening up their home) my parents said wine in maybe a gift basket. Does anyone have suggestions on what to include in the gift basket? I'm thinking a bottle of red & a bottle of white, but what else? I'd considered 2 wine glasses, but I'm sure they have plenty of those. Maybe gourmet cheese & a pretty spreader? Help! Thanks, ladies :)

Re: XP: Engagement Party Hostess Gift

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Depending on the wine, you could pair almost anything with it, and cater it to their specific/particular tastes.

Red wine?  You could make a pasta/Italian basket.  Are they patio/grill people?  Pair the wine with some awesome meat rubs or marinades.  You can't go wrong with chocolates, specialty crackers and spreads.  Dried and fresh fruits are a good pairing.  If you want to stay away from food items, some wine charms,  a good bottle opener, or cork stoppers are always a good idea.
  • Options
    I'd go with a more expensive bottle of wine and skip the basket.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards