Snarky Brides

Woo.. 1 year!

As of 51 minutes ago it is 1 year from our wedding day! I'm getting really excited. I'm wishing it could already be this year, but I'm glad we chose to wait longer to be able to save for the wedding and honeymoon. We have our venue, photographer, I have my dress, and I've asked my MOH, 2 BMs, and the flower girl and ring bearer(FI niece, my nephew). Now it's crunch time to get my booty in shape and enjoy the planning process with FI.

I know I've posted on here a few times without formally introducing myself so I thought I'd take the time to go ahead and do that. I'm 27 and FI is as well. We've been together for 5 years and engaged for a year. Any questions you have for me, I'd love to answer! I love the honest advice a lot of you posters offer and I love that I can come here when things might get confusing for me and get some experienced advice.

Hope you all have a fabulous day... because its Friday :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Woo.. 1 year!

• hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    I am a little over 1 year away and I feel the same. I want the day to be here already because I am so excited!!! 
  • r&c14r&c14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    hlvonb said:
    I am a little over 1 year away and I feel the same. I want the day to be here already because I am so excited!!! 
    I know like a year feels like a long time, I know it will fly by just like every other year. I'm really excited about the wedding, but even more so for the honeymoon. First time to the beach :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• hlvonbhlvonb member
    I know it will fly by. The time that we have been engaged has rushed by. I don't know what I am more excited about (wedding or honeymoon). I will finally be marrying the love of my life and best friend of 10 years. Where are you going for your honeymoon?
  • r&c14r&c14 member
    Naples, Florida. We'll be able to drive across the bottom of Florida to Miami so we can see both the Gulf and the Atlantic Ocean. Have you chose a honeymoon location yet?

FI and I have been best friends for 8 years.. people honestly thought we were dating long before we were because we always were together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• hlvonbhlvonb member
    Awww :)  My FI dated for a while our freshman year of high school and remained friends. 
    We have not decided officially yet but we're thinking of doing a small / short get away to New Orleans after the wedding and then going to Europe in September or October since FI and I really want to go to Oktoberfest. 
  • r&c14r&c14 member
    Oh that would be awesome. My friend went to New Orleans for her honeymoon. They had tons of great food and even went on a swamp tour and had a blast!
    I would love to travel to Ireland and Italy one day... maybe 5 year anniversary for one and 10 year for the other. Hawaii in the middle of that somewhere haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• hlvonbhlvonb member
    I hope you get to visit all of those places. They would be awesome to visit!!
  • r&c14 said:

FI and I have been best friends for 8 years.. people honestly thought we were dating long before we were because we always were together.

A lot of people said stuff like that to FI and I too!  We hung out all the time!  A few years ago, around Valentine's Day, some people who worked at our college that we saw regularly asked him (when I wasn't right there) what he was getting me for Valentine's Day.  He was just like "ummmm....we're not dating".  They said something along the lines of "well, you could have fooled me!".  When we actually started dating, there was a massive influx of "It's about damn time!"  Apparently EVERYBODY we knew could see it.  :)
  • r&c14r&c14 member
    @hlvonb Thanks! I hope you are able to go to Oktoberfest.. it looks like a lot of fun!

@wittykitty14 That's funny! That's how everyone else reacted to us as well. We even went to family dinners and holidays together so I'm sure that didn't help anyone's thinking haha!

It's pretty awesome when you can find your best friend and your (soon to be)husband in the same person!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @r&C14   Today marks 1 year for me as well - but our ceremony won't start until 5pm.  Congrats!! 

PS...You are way more ahead in the planning department then I am too. :)
  • hlvonbhlvonb member
    @r&C14  Oktoberfest does look like a lot of fun. We are thinking that I would probably wear a dirndl (sorry if spelling is off) too just for fun!

@wittykitty14  That is a cute story.

And yes it is awesome when your best friend and soon to be hubby are the same person. Like my mom always said "Relationships are stronger when you're friends first and a couple second"
  • r&c14r&c14 member
    @LakeR2014 Awesome! We can't decide what time we are going to have our ceremony now that we are seeing what its going to feel like in terms of temperature. I think we will end up having to have it in the morning or late evening. We were hoping to avoid a meal time because of our budget, but I think I would totally find room for a morning wedding with a breakfast buffet. FI and I both LOVE breakfast foods! In our area things book up fast so we had to start early :)

@hlvonb That would be cute! I would totally want to enjoy the whole experience, clothes included.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @r&C14  We had to be that way with the reception place we booked.  My FI and I snagged that up the first or second week we were engaged, but since then we've been so busy, we just haven't had time.  Thankfully we've separated the tasks and are each covering different things...ie cake, photography, flowers, etc and then coming together when we find things we think each other will like.   We always wanted our wedding at night and on a Saturday because we come from big families and friends groups that love to party. :)  So our wedding will be a celebration of our marriage and just a big party for everyone to have fun at.  

BTW...love the brunch/breakfast idea.  It's totally doable and who doesn't love breakfast food!?  It's such a great way to enjoy your special day.
  • r&c14r&c14 member
    @LakeR2014 We were going to do dinner and dancing at first. Once the budget issue happened we had thought about doing a 2:30 wedding and then having a cake reception with a nacho bar(posted here about a month or so ago about it) to kinda offer some food, but not a full dinner. Then after being out and about the last few days, I don't see it being fun for the outdoor ceremony unless its morning or late evening. We fell in love with our location and it's dry so we had to get over that. I'm not sure if many of our guests would have wanted to dance without alcohol encouragement. So right now it's just all in the air, but it will all be okay because we are still a year out and have plenty of time to decide. :) 

I'm falling more in love with the breakfast idea every minute. Wedding, brunch, and an early nap!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Happy friday I'm at one year too!

Anniversary

• r&c14r&c14 member
    @danser55 Awesome!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• r&c14r&c14 member
    @danser55 what do you have planned so far?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @r&c14 the church and the reception venue, we are now looking at photographers.
    You?

Anniversary

• r&c14r&c14 member
    Venue, dress, photographer, my BP, and the FG and RB. I got so excited I asked a bit earlier than they normally say to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Wow that's a lot.  We're taking our time with things, and we also just bought a house so we are working on that a lot too. I'm going dress shopping for the first time at the end of the month.  I already asked my flower girl, because my niece kept asking other family members if she knew if she was going to be our flower girl.

Anniversary

• r&c14r&c14 member
    @danser55 My nephew is the RB and his niece is the FG, so we knew for sure that we wanted them. We are in the process of trying to buy a home.. waiting on the mortgage company. Ugh! My venue and photographer are very popular in June so I had to book early.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards