Not Engaged Yet
Options

Weekend!

What's everyone up to?

I'M GOING TO BOSTON!

I'm taking the train up after work and @csousa1 is picking me up. We're going to eat yummy stuff and drink wine :) 

Tomorrow we're meeting @LivLeighton for brunch at a Mexican restaurant and the whole menu looks amazing! I'd also like to do some sightseeing since it's my first time in Boston EVER! 

I'm not sure what the plan is for Saturday night but I know there will be alcohol involved. 

We're playing Sunday by ear. I leave to come home around 3:30 and I will be sad :(

Re: Weekend!

• Options
    @rdr716 - we HM'ed in Boston, and it's our favorite city now!!  our two top restaurants were Giacomo's and The Paramount on Charles Street (I think it was Charles Street).  we actually ended up going to The Paramount 3 times while we were there, in 5 or 6 days!  have fun!!!
  • Options
    Get a charlie card and have fun! I love Boston (only 45 min away). It's supposed to be beautiful this weekend too!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @rdr716 - Have fun in Boston!

Tonight is by ear, but I really really have to get some laundry done (and this time I mean it). Next apartment: in-apt laundry hookups, this coin-op down-the-hall crap is for the birds.

Tomorrow I have knitting class and my mom and I might go buy some more yarn for me to make her Christmas presents. Beats last year when she called me in October to knit up her gifts, at least this year we've been working on this since January off and on, but I am starting to get to crunch time for holiday knitting. In June.

Sunday is looking quiet - my family is celebrating Father's Day next weekend. Last month my parents celebrated their 30th anniversary, so my dad booked a vacation for them to go to the same inn where they spent their honeymoon and do some shopping in the area.

ETA: I swear I know what an idiom is ...
  • Options
    rdr716 said:
    What's everyone up to?

I'M GOING TO BOSTON!

I'm taking the train up after work and @csousa1 is picking me up. We're going to eat yummy stuff and drink wine :) 

Tomorrow we're meeting @LivLeighton for brunch at a Mexican restaurant and the whole menu looks amazing! I'd also like to do some sightseeing since it's my first time in Boston EVER! 

I'm not sure what the plan is for Saturday night but I know there will be alcohol involved. 

We're playing Sunday by ear. I leave to come home around 3:30 and I will be sad :(

AHHHHHH IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!

I just peed my pants a little. Okay, a lot.

• Options
    @rdr716 we took a road trip to Boston a few years ago. Despite being a hardcore Yankees fan dating a hardcore orioles fan, we had a fantastic time! Being a person that knows NYC, I was most surprised that we could walk practically anywhere in Boston. Have fun!!

I'm hoping my weekend will be fun. I've spent the last month and a half being sick so I'm kinda bored.

Today, I have a doc appt to mainly ask about how to make my diet normal again (I'm eating enough calories but not really in a normal fashion- I do like 100-200 cals at a time alllll day) and my anxiety (this past illness has made it pretty crazy, hence another doc appt today)

Tomorrow, I have a meeting for work but it should be fun cause we are starting the summer schedule next week (and omg I can wear jeans for a whole week!! And Fridays. I personally will likely lobby for jeans everyday lol) we also have to decide what we're wearing for our engagement pics by sat night so we can plan for Sunday

Sunday, we're currently planning on going to Penney's (apparently boy shorts are on sale lol) and the outlet mall (I only have one pair of jeans that fit And may need a new shirt for engagement pics). Should be awkward since I'm currently not even close to my old size after losing 11 lbs on the worst roller coaster of my life (I do not recommend c diff infections to anyone ever)

We also have to mow the lawn and clean the house. Not as fun :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Personal day today...so just watching the today show and lounging. Later today is the end of the year party at a colleague's house. I'm thinking it may be canceled because it's still raining, and I'm sure she planned for it to be outside. Eating dinner out tonight.

Tomorrow I have to go to BF's cousins' joint high school graduation party in MA. BF didn't remember and scheduled a job for tomorrow...so I will be going for him, I guess. I hate it when BF has work on the weekends.

Sunday is Father's day. I'll see if my dad wants to do something. He's not crazy about holidays and sometimes prefers to skip them altogether lol. I'll make sure to mail a card today just in case. 

My weekend will be low key for sure. Kinda wish I went with my friends to Disc Jam!
  • Options
    tonight I'm going out with a group of girls for a good-bye dinner.  one of us is leaving, her H was matched up for residency in Alabama!  she chose an Italian place that I've never been to and is a little expensive for our small eating-out budget, so hopefully they'll let me order a salad with a side of shrimp...  stick to healthy eating + inexpensive = WIN!  depending on what time we all leave, I may stop by and pick up our groceries at Sprouts.

tomorrow morning we are getting up bright and early to go to the farmer's market.  fresh blueberries are on ly in season here for 3 weeks, and next week is the first week.  I'm seriously considering buying the gallon of blueberries for $36 and freezing them.  but I realize that's a little ridiculous.  pooh!  anyway, I'll probably putt around the house and garden and clean and nap on Saturday afternoon.

Sunday is Father's Day, so we're going over to have lunch with my family after church.

not a whole lot going on, but I've been waiting anxiously all week for the farmer's market tomorrow!  I plan to get a tasty scone for breakfast (they are SO GOOD) and maybe a piece of fruit to go with it, some fresh cheese, and of course the blueberries.  *drool*

maybe I SHOULD get the gallon..  they will go awfully fast.  but $36 for blueberries??  OUCH.
  • Options

Have fun in Boston RDR!

This is my last weekend before the wedding! I have some things to get accomplished for sure, but I'm surprisingly not stressed about it. Hopefully that feeling lasts!

Today I have to get the driving belt on my car fixed to the tune of $200. Boo! Then I'm heading home to get some serious WR organizing/packing done. I need to also shorten & hem our table runners a bit and wrap our wedding party gifts.

Tomorrow I have a couple final WR projects. Then i'm in major house cleaning mode before my family gets into town Tuesday night! My MOH is coming over in the afternoon and we'll go through the day-of schedule and then just hang out for a bit.

Sunday I'm planning to relax as much as possible. FI is going to breakfast with his parents and brother for Father's Day. Then he's treating us to a 90-minute hot stone couple's Massage! I can't believe how thoughtful he is - I'm marrying a winner gals! Then i'm planning to start packing my clothes for next weekend. I need to decide on an outfit for our rehearsal picnic.

• Options

@rdr716, @csousa1 and @livleighton .... have fun in Boston ladies!  It sounds like a blast.

@allusive007 .... try to have a relaxing weekend, your wedding will be here before you know it!  And hot stone massages = I'm jealous.

Hoping to get some exercise in tomorrow and Sunday but otherwise relax.  Sunday we are going to a friend's wedding.  I'm not normally a "judgey" person but the invitation (which didn't come with a reply card...we had to call the bride to let her know we were coming) said "No boxed gifts."  Mind you, this is an Indian wedding where it is typical that people give you cash (and almost never give you household stuff) but I'm still miffed by it.  I suggested bringing a baged or unwrapped gift to the wedding but H said no....he's no fun.  :)

• Options
    Tonight we're having a couple couples over to bbq.

Tomorrow I didn't have any plans but I might swing over to Baltimore to see my friends new place and lay by her pool. Though that would involve a bathing suit and I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.

Sunday, DH has a triathlon. We'll get up crazy early for it, so I'll probably nap and just relax the rest of the day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Have a great time visiting Boston (and getting visited, Liv and Sous)!

This weekend DH and I are packing. We're moving in 2 weeks to a new apartment. Soooo lots and lots of packing of non-essential items. We might also have to paint our walls back to white. Exciting life! 
  • Options
    Have a great time in Boston RDR!  Give them all big hugs for me!

Tomorrow, morning outrigger practice as usual, then I get to see my granny who is visiting from Vietnam, I missed her so much!  We're having lunch and then my whole family is visiting for dinner. 

Sunday we're taking Danish Man's father out to a vineyard for Father's Day.  I don't drink so I'll just take pics and perhaps be the DD and token Asian as they are all blonde and blue eyed.   

I'm really tired tho so my god this is going to be a long weekend.
  • Options
    Yayy the weekend is here!

Tonight FI and I are going to see a movie and just relax and indulge in some champagne and quality time.  Last weekend was a whirlwind and I've had the craziest week at work so we haven't really gotten the chance to just cuddle up and enjoy each other's company.

Saturday we have this festival in the city that I don't want to go to...and I'm embarrassed to admit that a big part of not wanting to go is because we haven't gotten the chance to get my ring sized or insured yet and I'm scared to wear it in a crowded place :(

Sunday we don't really have anything planned yet, but I need to do some laundry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am jealous of East Coast living where you can take a train back and forth and it's a couple hours.

I feel like everything "out West" is so much farther apart and you pretty much have to drive or fly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

@Blueandwhite -When do you take your engagement photos?

@rdr716- Have fun in Boston!! I've never been either, you will have to tell your adventures there.

@allusive007- I'm jealous of your hot stone massage! That sounds super relaxing!

I took today off work because I have for one been extremely exhausted and I needed to run some serious errands or else they would have never happened. Mom and I went to this store called Reeves that sells floral decorations for whole sale price. I saved a ton of money on some decorations for the wedding which included grape vine, lanterns, regular vine, ribbon and some candles. I'm so excited to put it all together. Then I needed to go to Office Max to have my direction cards for my invitations printed out and last but not least I needed to get my hair cut and brows done. I swear my eyebrows grow at the speed of light and are forests if I don't get them plucked. Tonight I'm going to a friend's bday party which should be fun.

Saturday FI is coming home from SC after working at the farm all week, he is going to have a crazy farmer's tan going on. We are going to the Braves game with two other couples that are also in the wedding party. Then Sunday we are celebrating Father's Day with my Dad since FI's Dad will be out of town. Then we are going to another Brave's game that night. Lots of baseball this weekend.

• Options
    @rdr716 - Your weekend sounds like it will be super fun!

@Belle2188 - What movie are you going to go see?

BF and I don't have much planned for this weekend. We are going out with some friends for drinks tomorrow night (we were supposed to go tonight but they had to re-schedule). We might go on a hike either tomorrow or Sunday. Other than that we are just going to be relaxing and enjoying spending time together :)

On Monday I have to go pick up a bunch of books I put on hold at the library. I went a little crazy about getting resources for my thesis last night and ordered 7 books from amazon, put 5 on hold at the library, and have about 25 new articles to read. I'll probably print out some of those this weekend to start making a dent in all of that!

• Options
    @bethsmiles Now You See Me!  I've heard really good things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Belle2188 said:
    @bethsmiles Now You See Me!  I've heard really good things.
    I haven't heard of that! I'll have to look it up.

• Options
    CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    @allusive007, wow, he is truly a winner! Have a great time and accomplish a lot!
    @bethsmiles, is it bad that I'm relieved to not be alone in all kinds of schoowork this weekend? Haha, at least you're really on top of it! What is your thesis topic?

Tonight I agreed with myself to finish the paper I have due Monday. For motivation, I have promised myself extra-buttery popcorn as a snack once I'm done. I can't wait. For breaks when my brain is about to explode, I will be washing, drying, and folding the mountain of laundry at the foot of my bed.

Tomorrow I need to start reading for next week's classes. We have a whole bunch of videos, chapters, powerpoints, you name it to look at. Luckily it's a relatively slow week, so I don't need to freak out too much. Depending on my energy level, which I predict will be at an all-time low, I may go over to BF's aunt's house for a barbecue later in the day. I really like his family, possibly more than he does, but they are loud for a group of people who produced such a quiet dude. So I may not be up for that, in which case BF will just come here afterward and help me with housework. He is da bomb!

Sunday is Father's Day. One of my brothers and I are taking my dad out to lunch, and I will make him some kind of dessert (he's definitely where I inherited my chocoholism from). Then back to the books.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    YAY! I live in Boston, and I love it here, so I'm always glad when people enjoy visiting. We do get a serious rep for being unfriendly and rude, but I've always found the vibe to be more ... everyone's minding their own business, and also we're very loud.

I hope you have a great time! There's some great Mexican food here. My friends and I love to go up to Harvard Square to the Border Cafe, and it's really reasonably priced. Besides that, we loooove the Publick House in Brookline; highly recommend it if you love Belgian beer.

I'm excited for the weekend. While I DO have to finish writing up my aims for my thesis proposal, I'm heading down to the South Shore to hang out with my friend who just moved back to the area. We're mostly going to eat cookie dough and watch reality TV, but I can't wait. The next morning, we're heading to IKEA, and after she drops me off back up in Boston, my partner and I are going to his family's Father's Day BBQ.

And then, alas, it will be Monday again, and I will have to have Scary Thesis-Related Meeting with my boss.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @phira - I'm coming from NYC, I'm pretty sure the people can't be any unfriendlier or ruder than what we're like here ;)

• Options
    phira said:
    YAY! I live in Boston, and I love it here, so I'm always glad when people enjoy visiting. We do get a serious rep for being unfriendly and rude, but I've always found the vibe to be more ... everyone's minding their own business, and also we're very loud.

I hope you have a great time! There's some great Mexican food here. My friends and I love to go up to Harvard Square to the Border Cafe, and it's really reasonably priced. Besides that, we loooove the Publick House in Brookline; highly recommend it if you love Belgian beer.

I'm excited for the weekend. While I DO have to finish writing up my aims for my thesis proposal, I'm heading down to the South Shore to hang out with my friend who just moved back to the area. We're mostly going to eat cookie dough and watch reality TV, but I can't wait. The next morning, we're heading to IKEA, and after she drops me off back up in Boston, my partner and I are going to his family's Father's Day BBQ.

And then, alas, it will be Monday again, and I will have to have Scary Thesis-Related Meeting with my boss.
    Eye to eye. All thesis-related / grad-school-related meetings are scary.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    @rdr716 Ah, yeah, I hear you there. I've had people visit from the midwest, and they're all, "Oh wow, people aren't as mean as I heard!"

@KeptInStitches Every single meeting with my advisor is terrifying. He's great, but that means there's always a lot of, "No, that won't work, don't bother," and then I feel silly. This meeting is just to discuss my potential aims for my thesis proposal in August, but I feel like they have to be AWESOME or he'll say I'm not ready :(
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @phira Feel like I should know this already, but what's your field of study?
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    @KeptInStitches I haven't talked about it much, no worries. I'm in cell and molecular biology.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @rdr716 unless we are discussing Flyer fans lol I think they take the cake
  • Options
    @rdr716 have a great time in boston I've never been there before very jealous.

Tonight I have a show, also Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.  No other major plans luckily so I just get to stay home work on stuff around the house.  Mostly more painting and working on the backyard.   Hopefully getting a little more sleep too.

In a random FYI a year from now I will be getting married, in fact by this time the ceremony will be over the reception will be starting soon!!!! We are beyond excited!

Anniversary

• Options
    @danser55 that was me loving your post!  Yay for one year to go!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Amapola14 - I'm in the very beginning stages of my thesis and there are a few different directions it could go but it's going to focus on communication surrounding midwives - how the medical community talks about that option for pregnancy, maybe a rhetorical analysis of the language mid-wives use. I have a lot of research to go through. I want to know what's already been said before deciding what I want to say.

@danser55 - I loved your post because you're only a year away! Woo hoo!

@phira - My BF is in biology. He is trying to decide on a graduate program right now. He's applying to both Cancer Biology and Virology programs. Any time he talks about biology stuff 90% of it goes over my head but I think his passion for biology helped me figure out my interest in health communication so sometimes our stuff overlaps :)

• Options
    @mhollister89 engagement photos are two Saturdays from now, the 29th :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards