Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Nail color for the big day

Hello,

I am planning on getting nail shellac for the big day.  The question is the shade.  I want it to be classic and nothing I will regret seeing in photos down the road.  I am thinking pale pink or a French manicure.  The question is....are French manicures out of style?

Re: Nail color for the big day

• I don't think french manicures ever really go out of style. I think of them as almost a neutral that goes with everything.
  • I'm not a fan of French manicures and do think they look a bit dated, but that's just my personal preference. I'm going to go with a pale pink or nude. And I love Shellac! It seriously lasts forever. 
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Just wear what you'd normally wear.

The key is to look like yourself, and it won't go out of style.

FWIW, I wore black nail polish on my wedding day. You can't even see it in 95% of the pictures...the 5% you can are the ones my photog purposely took of my hands because they thought it was cool.

• I agree with itzMS, look yourself, wear whatever you feel looks best on you. French manicures can be okay depending on the person
  • It's a personal preference.  Wear what you like.  I hate french manicures, so I wore pale pink.
  • I tested a french manicure out before the wedding because I was hesitant.  I liked the look after a day or two so plan to get one for my wedding.  Go get one before your wedding and get some opinions from people who see you every day.
  • I wore OPI gel (like shellac, just a different brand) in Samoan Sand.  I think its nice to do a neutral bc chips aren't as noticeable so you can wear it longer.  I wore mine through most of my honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PPs that you should go with what you're used to. I always have a bright color on my nails so I ended up going with Big Apple Red (OPI GelColor) on my wedding day. 

• sydochsydoch member
    First Comment
    If you are leaning towards the French manicure, but want to look more fresh and modern, see if there is a nail salon near you that can do an ombre French.
  • I tried the OPI shellac in Bubble Bath and loved it - I think that's what i'm going to wear. It's a very pale pink.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• @hardlyhannah I will check out that OPI shade.  @sydoch...I have never heard of an ombre French.  I like it!

• I would go with french manicure.
  • i really don't think French manicures are ever out of style, but it's very much a personal thing. i love the look on others, but think it's atrocious on myself.

i plan on wearing pale blue nailpolish for my big day because i really don't have another way of doing the "something blue" and i generally have funky nails anyway.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards