March 2014 Weddings

St. Patrick's Day!

How do people feel about a St. Patrick's day wedding?? We are thinking of doing las vegas and that monday just works out the best for us but its St.Patty's day.  Not sure if that is tacky or fun??!  Help??!?

Re: St. Patrick's Day!

• Ours is on March 15th, but had St. Patrick's day fallen on a Saturday, we would have gone with it. 
  • Great idea. I even had a bridesmaid ask if we were doing green as a color. I said I should have considered it. ( one of my favorite colors and festive.)
  • We are getting married on March 15th and if St. Patrick's day had fallen on Saturday we would have taken it!  We had actually thought about doing the whole "St. Patrick's Day" theme, but decided against it.  I like green, but was dead set on having navy blue and yellow, so to make up for not using that theme, our venue is going to have the pub open until 230 for those of whom want to party after the reception.  Score.  :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • I don't think it's tacky at all! My wedding falls on the weekend before Mardi Gras, and while I didn't choose Mardi Gras colors, I am going to have a second line as a recessional, the groom's cake will be a king cake, and the favors will be customized Mardi Gras cups!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards