Just Engaged and Proposals

Can I get opinions on the ring I bought?

Before I give it to her...matching band is the second picture. Appreciate the help.

Re: Can I get opinions on the ring I bought?

• I think she'll be thrilled with what you've chosen.  It's a lovely set.

Good luck and congratulations!

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It is classic and beautiful!  Good luck!
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very beautiful and classic!
  • great job! I am sure she will love it!
  • Do the diamonds go pretty far around? if so, it could be a bitch to re-size. Hopefully she won't gain or lose any weight.

It's not MY taste. I prefer things more... earthy. But I think lots of women like stuff like that.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    It's very pretty!

It's definitely not my style, but I promise you that there is ring you could post here and have everyone love. I hope she likes it!!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I think it's very pretty and classic-I'm sure she will love it!
  • It's beautiful
  • It's nice, but I would recommend against the diamonds all the way around.  You want a ring that she wants to wear everyday, and I can see the diamonds all around getting uncomfortable.  I think diamonds half-way around is more comfortable.   
    Also, just a warning from my experience . . . I was really looking forward to shopping for my own wedding band with FI, and my FI bought the wedding band with my engagement ring without asking me, and the wedding band was a ring that I was not comfortable wearing 24/7.  So maybe make sure that your FI isn't wanting to pick out her own?  Maybe don't buy it but tell her that it is an option that you looked into. 

• kerbohl said:
    It's nice, but I would recommend against the diamonds all the way around.  You want a ring that she wants to wear everyday, and I can see the diamonds all around getting uncomfortable.  I think diamonds half-way around is more comfortable.   
    Also, just a warning from my experience . . . I was really looking forward to shopping for my own wedding band with FI, and my FI bought the wedding band with my engagement ring without asking me, and the wedding band was a ring that I was not comfortable wearing 24/7.  So maybe make sure that your FI isn't wanting to pick out her own?  Maybe don't buy it but tell her that it is an option that you looked into. 
    I have a wedding ring that has diamonds all the way around it and it is not uncomfortable at all. I love it, because I never have to worry about turning it 'the right way.'

I think it's a pretty set and if it's the correct size, you're all set!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• AllieBear725AllieBear725 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    I think it's simple and elegant. I have something similar, only a split shank. The diamonds on mine don't go all the way around, but stop about halfway. I LOVE my ring, I'm sure she will love hers. ETA: Spelling
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    It looks like the center stone is offset on the band. . . . or am I seeing things?  I have never seen a ring like that.  It's interesting and pretty IMO.
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    sxyktn812 said:
    kaos16 said:
    It looks like the center stone is offset on the band. . . . or am I seeing things?  I have never seen a ring like that.  It's interesting and pretty IMO.
    If it is, it's probably because the second picture has the ring flipped around- if you put the engagement ring on the other way, it would look centered over both the band of the e-ring and the wedding band.  I've seen that style before but I've never seen a "canned" picture where they botch it. 

To the OP- it's a lovely set, but I'd also personally not like the diamonds all the way around- they're difficult if not impossible to size and if she gains/loses a lot of weight it could be a problem.  You know her best! 

Now that you mention it, maybe the picture of the set is a picture OP took himself, because the t bands look like different clarities of diamonds, and the bent finger is typically not how the company would do it either.
  • It looks like mine!  Except I have a cushion not a round.  And I have pretty much the same wedding band.  I love my set because they are thin and dainty which is exactly what I wanted.  And the smaller diamonds only go half way around on mine. 

I think she will love it.  Especially if you have talked about what she likes and doesn't like in rings. 

As for the pictures it is just the angle and the lighting that is making things look offset and discolored.

• I think the most important thing is whether you picked it out with her individual taste and style in mind. Well, second to whether you have a good relationship with strong communication. If you have that, then even if the ring isn't what she would have picked out, you two will work it out and end up with somthing you both feel good about, one way or the other.
    "I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"
  • You did an amazing job picking this set out. Looks beautiful!
  • Very nice. Great job!
  • As long as it's the right size I think you're good to go! Not my style personally, but it's a very lovely set with a beautiful centre stone on the e-ring! :)
  • I think it's very pretty. It's a classic set. I couldn't imagine she wouldn't like it unless she isn't into diamonds or wants something more unique.

When we were having our rings made, several jewelers suggested the diamonds should be 3/4 of the way around for the engagement ring, but all the way around for the wedding band in case it spins around. 
  • I think you did a great job.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow. Absolutely beautiful. So elegant and classy- any girl would love that. 
  • Awww I just had a warm fuzzy.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• The ring is very pretty what are the other details of the ring like carats?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards