April 2014 Weddings

I had to change my date!

Talk about stress! My date was set for April 5, 2014 in Charleston (where I live) for my venue, photographer, DJ, and bagpiper (and wedding party). We did not realize April 5th is the same day as the Cooper River bridge run and tennis cup finals, which means no hotel blocks and $300+ a night for hotels, if you are so lucky to get one. According to a hotel sales manager, "it's the worst day of the year to have a wedding in Charleston". So I scrambled to call everyone and see if anything else was available - luckily April 19th was free for everyone. The only downfall is that it's during Passover, and Easter weekend. But we are able to get hotel blocks and good rates for our guests. So glad it worked out!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I had to change my date!

• SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    That's stressful and also an excellent point. Conflicting large events can make a wedding hell for guests. I just googled my date and city to make sure there was nothing going on that could take up rooms. Without your heads up, I never would have thought about that!

It's great that you learned now before save the dates had gone out and not before it was too late!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards