Wedding Reception Forum

Single candle centerpiece

How boring would on single medium size clear candle holder and a white candle be? We are on a budget and I'm not into flowers.

Re: Single candle centerpiece

• When is your wedding? What are your colors? There are lots of inexpensive, non-floral options, and I love looking for centerpieces, so if you give us some more information, that would be helpful. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • s2005s2005 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thank you, both!

I'm keeping it simple with white table clothes and black napkins. No chair covers, as chairs are already black and plus it costs more lol. Bridesmaid dresses will be black. For favors I was thinking kraft brown pillow boxes filled with candy and wrapped with black and white twine. I'm incorporating the brown tones bc My grandparents are carvers and I want to do a wood slab for guests to sign.

• s2005s2005 member
    Here is what I was thinking for the guestbook.
  • I'm a huge fan of branches for centerpieces (and I'm biased b/c that's what we used). You can DIY some simple ones with vases and curly willow. We used Manzanita branches, but they are more expensive. 

Something like this might be inexpensive enough:

I also really like this since you're doing a wooden "theme." It would cost more, but you could improvise and do something like it for less, I'm sure. 

Here are a couple with river rocks that I think are pretty:

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Sorry that first pic came out so huge! 

• s2005s2005 member
    edited June 2013
    I do love that first idea!! It looks so simple, but creative. How many candles of different sizes would you suggest per table? Would one still look on with tea light candles around it?
  • s2005s2005 member
    Also forgot to ask, did you do anything special to them? did you place them in and there were good to go?
  • Oh, those aren't my centerpieces. I just Googled "non floral centerpieces" to get some pics. It looks like they have some clear stones nestled on them to keep them weighted. I would do 3 vases of different sizes, but you could probably get away with just 2.

• OtterJOtterJ member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    for number of candles - I think odd numbers work best of varying size/shape. 

I used 3 framed photographs as my centerpieces (we also had a small vase with 2 or 3 flowers in each, but the pictures could have held their own). 

Since you're incorporating wood, I love the posts above with the twigs/branches. 

imageimageimage
    Those are some other ideas....did a google search for wood centerpieces.  Lots of cute options! 

To answer your question more directly - a simple candle centerpiece is completely fine, but there are options that don't include flowers if you're interested.  If your grandparents have lots of wood for you to play with, some of these might be cheap and doable. 

• You can also do some inexpensive but nice picture frames with votive candles. Put photos of you and  your fiancé in them and one can serve as a table number. Afterwards you can repurpose the frames. 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Skip th favors and add more candles.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • s2005s2005 member
    Great ideas! Thank you.

Will def have favors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards