Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Westin room block

Is $149/night a reasonable price to ask people to pay for a hotel room?

It also includes a free junior bridal suite for the night of the wedding for us.

Our reception is in Oakland at the Carnegie Music Hall Foyer and we will be providing a shuttle from the reception back to the hotel.

Re: Westin room block

• I don't think that is too expensive, though it is on the higher side. Our hotel room block is $99/night but we're not in downtown Pittsburgh like you are. If people don't want to pay that much, they'll probably do their own research for hotels in the area. I would shoot low on the amount of rooms you put in the block, that way you don't get stuck paying for them if people don't use them and you can always add more if they start to fill up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I talked to the Westin too, but I'm just beginning my search for hotel blocks. I thought $149/night sounded somewhat reasonable though and the ladies that I talked to were very helpful. Did you try the Hampton Inn (Strip District)? I've seen good reviews about that hotel, so it might be worth a try!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • our hotel blocks are at the marriott springhill suites and the hyatt place both on the north shore for 139-149/night with no free room. i thought it was actually a really good deal considering what those rooms go for normally.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! I guess it seems to be kinda in the middle. The Sheraton would be $169 (plus it's not downtown) and the Omni more than that, I bet. 

jam+1231 - that makes me feel better knowing your prices on the North Shore. We didn't check there.

laurenannbl - the Hampton Inn is nice! We stayed there for my brother's wedding 2 years ago. We just would prefer to be right downtown.

I think we'll probably just stick with the Westin, especially because we're lucky to have my friends mom (who is very awesome) to handle everything with the Westin for us.
  • I blocked rooms at the Sheraton for $159/night.  I shopped around quite a bit and that is about as cheap as it gets in downtown Pittsburgh, so I thought it was a reasonable rate.  I debated it for awhile as well though - you hate to ask guests to spend that much, but on the other hand, you dont want a fleabag motel for your guests!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards