So is anyone else excited about passing (or almost passing) the 5 month mark? I am although I have to admit that I'm a little nervous as FI and I have seemed to hit a stall. In the last month we've only gotten a few checks done. We decided on our DJ and I've bought my dress. I've also come up with a prototype of how I want to decorate the tables, and FI has agreed that he likes it. We have a family friend who runs a wedding planning and supply store, and she'll give us a discount on décor and we can order our invites through her and save a good chunk of money too! Hurray for helping out our budget
We still have so much more to do. Here's a list:
- Decide if we want to go with a florist, order them from a discount flower place online or do the flowers ourselves, with help from a friend
- Decide what flowers we want
- Decide on design and order invitations (we were going to make them, but for the design I want, it is more cost effective to just order them).
- Decide on and order Bridesmaid dresses.
- Choose our cake design and make the first practice cake
- Decide on décor for the church
- Chose our unity candles
- Decide what the guys are going to wear
- Buy our wedding bands. We've found some we like, but they are more than we wanted to pay, so we have to decide if we're going over budget or if we keep looking.
- Choose our ceremony music and the important reception songs.
- Get insurance for our reception (required by our hall) and our liquor licence
- I need to find my shoes and undergarments for my dress, need by the end of August, as my dress fitting is then.
- Decide on our honeymoon plans and book our hotel.
- Get a block of rooms set aside for our out-of-town guests.
- Plan our rehearsal dinner
- Decide if we want to do a gift opening the day after the wedding, and plan it if we do (I'm leaning towards yes)
- Decide where we spend the wedding night
- Finish our registries; FI has given me the go ahead to go without him to add things, as long as he has veto power on things he doesn't like/think we need. I love going to the store and picking things out, and it is a less than desirable task for him, so I'm glad for online viewing of the registry.
- Decide on our vows and work out our ceremony programming.
- Decide if we'll have a photo booth or not, and book one if we do.
- Put together a slideshow of pictures for the reception and rent the screen, I have a few friends with projectors, so I'm hoping we can borrow one.
It's a little overwhelming what all we have to and I'm sure I could add to the list if I sat here long enough. How are the rest of you doing with your plans?