Favors
Options

Budget help please

s2005s2005 member
First Anniversary First Comment
I need some help with ideas. My fiancé and I are paying for the wedding ourselves and will be having a lot of guests.

We will have white table clothes with black napkins. Black bridesmaid dresses. A wood slice for our guests to sign (my grandparents are carvers). Another posted gave me the suggestion for cylinder vases filled with branches with a floating candle as my centerpieces.

I am so stuck on the favors! I kind thought about keeping with the nature them and doing sunflower seeds or something of the sort. I'm stumped. Also looking for something under a dollar a person (is that possible?).

Thank you!!

Re: Budget help please

• Options
    s2005s2005 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Preferably something edible.
  • Options
    csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

If you are having a lot of guests then the costs for favors can add up quickly.  It would be a good idea to not do favors and use the money for some kind of upgrade at the reception.

Edible is the best but if you include packaging it could go over $1 each. 

A photo booth can be your favor and may give you the most bang for your buck.  I have seen some posts about DIY types of photo booths that could save money.

• Options
    We got beautiful custom wine glasses from discountmugs.com.  They worked out to about $2.25 per person, but we're also going to use them as the wine glasses during the ceremony. Given that we'd have had to rent twice as many glasses (at least) because people don't reuse rental glasses, the net cost per guest came in around $1.00. So we got an awesome gift for people that's also practical (for them and for us! And it's something we would have needed to provide anyway! 
  • Options
    Trail mix! Put scoops of it in little baggies or boxes. Really cheap to make (think seeds, raisins, maybe chocolate chips, nuts) and everybody likes trail mix! Wanna make it even easier? Have a station where they scoop their own into ziploc baggies. Pop a sign on the table that says "Enjoy a snack for your happy trails, and thanks for being a part of ours!" or something like that...good luck!
  • Options
    I answered you on Receptions, but I really like Francko's idea of the trail mix. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I love the trail mix idea!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How about Jordan almonds?  Put them in a little organza bag and they'll look great!  We're doing Matchbook Mustang cars because FI is a Mustang aficionado.
  • Options
    We got beautiful custom wine glasses from discountmugs.com.  They worked out to about $2.25 per person, but we're also going to use them as the wine glasses during the ceremony. Given that we'd have had to rent twice as many glasses (at least) because people don't reuse rental glasses, the net cost per guest came in around $1.00. So we got an awesome gift for people that's also practical (for them and for us! And it's something we would have needed to provide anyway! 
    How are the glasses customized?  I hope it's not with your name and/or wedding date!  

I would also ensure you have someone that is going to wash out the glasses before the guests take them home.  I would not be taking a dirty wine glass home.  Reality is, even if it was clean I probably wouldn't take it home either, but that's because I like all my glassware matching so a random glass wouldn't fit it. 
  • Options
    Do trail mix or a candy bar with little take home bags? Or maybe a trail mix bar? Have different kinds of nuts and add ins so people can take what they want. (Expect to get lots of m&ms for the kids)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards