Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

a bride as a bridesmaid hair and makeup

I am recently engaged and am a BM in a friends up coming wedding this summer. I have been reading a lot about etiquette and rules and such as I am planning my wedding. My friend who I am a BM for a had originally said, we could pick the dress and shoes with various parameters (e.g. off white. boots) then got progressively pickier about the style/cut/fabric of dress and shoes, which I accommodated (by returning several sets of shoes/dresses). She originally said hair/make up should be natural and now wants us to do it "mod" style with some degree of boufant and winged eye liner. She has "offered"  for us pay to use the hairstylist/make up people she hired for hers. I guess my question is, as a bridesmaid am i obligated to do this? It seems pretty particular to me and not something i am used to doing, from my understanding, if she wants it that way, she should pay? What are appropriate ways to respond to this request? I don't want to make it about me but I feel like she's being a little too particular

Re: a bride as a bridesmaid hair and makeup

• Options
    This is more a question for the etiquette ladies, but I would say if she wants things that specific she should pay. I'd say something like this: "Hey friend, I love the hair and makeup idea, but it sounds like something I would need someone to do professionally (as I have no experience creating that type of hair)- and I don't really have the funds to do that. What do you suggest?" Try and put it back in her court so she understands that it's a little much she is asking of you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards