Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Name your Reception Venue!

hi there!  trying to pick out a reception venue (200 guests) in des moines ... working with a budget, so name your venue if you think you are getting bang for your buck! :)

Re: Name your Reception Venue!

• Options
    i had mine at the windsor heights community and events center. i paid around $985 for 10 hours, lovely venue, nice catering kitchen with a 2nd kitchen available.. round and rectangular tables and high chairs.. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Vittoria Lodge (between DSM and Ankeny) is $750 - great to work with, recently remodeled and comes with a bar area and 2 bartenders which I thought was great.  I have rent linens such as chair covers and what not and I have done several weddings there and they were really laid back and all the events turned out great!  They have a great kitchen as well.  Simpson Barn is also nice with a great price tag.

Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    Renaissance Savery Hotel
    (Not sure of your budget, so I don't know if this will be in your budget, but they are fabulous!)
  • Options
    JJ8451JJ8451 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    @cemetreesc - Did you have your ceremony at the Windsor Heights Center as well? We're thinking of renting this facility but not sure on the logistics for the ceremony at the pavilion.
  • Options
    no i didnt have my ceremony at the pavilion. i had it at the church of the land at living history farms
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hy-Vee Conference Center in WDM
  • Options
    Colby Park (Windsor Heights Community Center) only holds 180. We loved Prairie Meadows. If you decide on the smaller ball room if you spend I think $4k in food they waive the room fee of $1,500 and for us to do 180 dinners that got us over $4k. We ended up not going there for the reception but we did book it for the rehearsal dinner next to the race track. We went with Grandview Golf Course. It also holds right around 180 and is $100 an hour then a $100 custodial fee (set up & clean up). Ramada Inn on Meral Hay is also GREAT if you haven't found anything. These were are top 3 and went with Grandview since we can do the wedding out side or inside :) I just received a list of places from a DJ if you haven't found a venue yet.
  • Options
    Des Moines Embass Club on the 34th floor of the Ruan Building. Incredible views of my beloved city!
  • Options
    Has anyone used lotus moments and do they know how much??? What about Windsor heights comm center??? I have not heard good reviews. Do they still have the same person in charge???
  • Options
    I contacted Lotus Moments for a quote and they said $2000 for 200 people from 4pm-11pm and a $150 cleaning fee. Half due for deposit. And they said it includes:
    • Tables/Chairs
    • Linens (black or white) table cloths
    • Ice machine (both crushed and cubed available)
    • Disco Lighting
    • Customers to bring in their own beer/wine
    • May bring in your own food or use any caterer that you wish.
    • Beautiful hard wood floors and black ceilings
  • Options
    Jasper Winery
  • Options
    Izaak Walton Banquet Hall
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards