Just Engaged and Proposals

Honeymoon in July Ideas

My FH and I are getting married on June 21, 2014  but we are going to wait a few weeks to go on our honeymoon just to get settled in after the wedding. We have always wanted our honeymoon to be in Cancun, Mexico because I love tropical resorts and he loves all inclusive ones. But I've been hearing that July is much too hot and during hurricane season to want to visit Cancun then. Neither of us have ever been out of the country so just about anywhere is exciting or new. We are hoping to go somewhere that is moderately priced so that way we can stay a little longer and really enjoy it.

Any ideas??

Re: Honeymoon in July Ideas

• hordolhordol member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    Idk, but I'm going to the Riviera Maya (right next to Cancun if you are not familiar) June 30-July 4th so I will try to remember to come back and post my experience. :) When I look at the extended forecast it shows high 80s/low 90s with some rain. However, when I read the reviews for my resort from the people who traveled there during the same time of year, no one ever mentions the weather being an issue (maybe because the resort can't control that, but still.) Idk, I'm looking forward to it so we will see!

ETA: The extended for the first week of July looks great right now (sunny and high of 86). It was the end of June that had some rain (more like "cloudy with a couple showers" so nothing too horrendous or vacation-ruining. :))

PitaPata Dog tickers
  • We're getting married this July and going to Riviera Maya 2 days after our wedding. FIs parents have a time share at the El Dorado Royale and from what I hear its amazing.
    I believe there are a few AI's but they're more $$. I guess it all depends if its worth it cost wise for you guys.
    Its supposed to be really hot in Mexico next month but I think I can suck it up for a week of R&R :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We got married in March 2012 but didn't go on our honeymoon until the week of 4th of July. We went to Royal Playa del Carmen (flew into Cancun) and it was PERFECT. The weather was warm, but not unbearable. We spent all day sipping delightful beverages in and around the pool/ocean. We can't wait to go back and would probably go at the same time of year again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• We were in Isla Mujeres, Mexico July 16-23 last year, and it was perfect. Light crowds, hot but not too hot. Isla Mujeres is a small island off the coast of Cancun that you get to by ferry. It's wonderful. 
  • Aray82Aray82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Hmm. Do you live someplace where you'd be dying to escape the heat in July? Depending on where you live, somewhere on the coast of Maine or in the Bay Area and/or furthered down the Pacific Coast highway might be nice and relaxing--still the beach, but a bit cooler. I've always loved Maine growing up and some friends of mine had a great honeymoon in Bar Harbor. Also, my FI proposed last month in Carmel while we were driving back from a San Francisco wedding so perhaps I'm just a tiny bit partial to that area :) But I would seriously consider it for a honeymoon as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards