Destination Weddings Discussions

Mexico Wedding

Hi girls,

I am planning on getting married in Mexico next April.  We are working with a travel agent who suggested a few resorts.  We have narrowed down our selection to 2 resorts and I was hoping some of you would have feedback on them.  Has anyone gotten married or is getting married at the El Dorado Royal or Valentin Imperial Maya?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Mexico Wedding

• I have no experience with either of these I have only been to Mexico once and that was a Riu I Will post this on our Facebook page and see if any past brides have experience!

Welcome to the board though! In the meantime have you checked them out on trip advisor? !
    Anniversary
  • I have checked them both out on trip advisor.  Both got really good reviews.  How did some of you choose your resort?  Was there one thing in particiular that drew you to your decision?
  • For me were reviews (taken with a grain of salt of course) price for my guests to a certain extent and the price and what was included in the wedding package. For us a big factor when traveling to an all inclusive, if any of your choices are all inclusive is that it have at least 4 it more restaurants for diff options for meals. O and a swim up bar is a must for us ;)
    Anniversary
  • We just wanted something that offered entertainment for those who choose not to leave the resort, and excursions for those who wanted to leave. Having only stayed at one resort, I wasn't sure where to recommend to our guests. We stay at a friend's condo every time we are down there. in the end, our travel agent was invaluable.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I have a friend that was married at el dorado royale and it was elegant and beautiful not sure about cost though. I've been to playa del carmen 3 times and it is a beautiful place for a destination wedding I plan on having mine there as well.
  • Thanks for all your input!  We decided on the Valentin Imperial Maya!  Just wrote the check to hold the rooms and wedding date! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards