Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Hyeholde Restaurant

Anyone ever heard of or been to this place?  My Mom mentioned it the other day, and said it sounded nice, but there's not much info on their website...

I'd appreciate some reviews, or direction to where I could find out more about it  Smile

Re: Hyeholde Restaurant

• Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All I've ever heard about it is that the food is delicious, and it's a small venue.  Other than that, I've got nothing.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been there for a birthday dinner years ago - the food is outstanding but it is a very very small space... The food was very pricey (if I can remember correctly) but the atmosphere was lovely and very intimate. Sorry I don't have much else in way of review! HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to dinner there.  The food is amazing! We went for Valentine's day one year so it was a pre fixed menu.  The venue is very nice.  It seems a little smalll (may not be a problem for you)  and I have heard they hold wedding receptions (I assume that is what you are looking for)  I would suggest fall because of the decor and outdoor space but that is just my opinion. :)  Good luck and let me know what you decide 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dalecnardalecnar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance took me to the Hyehold for Valentine's Day dinner last year and while it had very delicious food, it was very expensive and very small portions.  However, it is a castle and the astomosphere is beautiful.  My friend went to a wedding there and had a blast.  Keep in mind that it is in the middle of nowhere!!

PGH June Siggy-Favorite Summer Activity-KennywoodWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i forgot that my sister looked in to the hyeholde for her wedding. she didn't mind the size, but she opted not to go with them because she felt it was somewhat dark & dreary inside. i haven't been there myself, so i don't know one way or the other. she ended up booking at rosario's in carnegie.
  • Options
    theredfairytheredfairy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I checked it out a few weeks ago, but decided not to pursue it. If you want to have just a reception there, then I think it would be fabulous. The banquet coordinator (Matthew) was really responsive and helpful. However, there are a lot of extra fees and things that seemed to crop up every time we wanted to settle the initial contract and we just weren't comfortable with that.

Additionally, if you want to have a ceremony there (or anything outside for that matter), be mindful that this venue is *extremely* close to the airport and sometimes planes fly immediately overhead (very low and very loud!). This didn't bother either my fiance or me, but for some people it could be a dealbreaker.

We've also eaten there and I do think their food is incredible. In the end we just decided that it was not quite as nice and upscale as, say, LeMont, but also a bit too formal for our very small wedding (50 or fewer guests), so we're thinking of going with the Wooden Angel in Beaver, PA.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards