Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelorette Party Gift ?

Hi,
I'm planning my younger sister's bachelorette party for this summer. I am wondering if there is any way to indicate that gifts are not neccessary, especially of the lingerie variety. I'm pretty sure that the answer is no, you can't mention gifts on an invitation, it is rude to assume that people would bring a gift. But my sister will be mortified if she opens any lingerie in front of other people. She is very shy and she would be beyond uncomfortable to be put in this position. Any suggestions? 

Or suggestions of ways to avoid her extreme embarrassment if gifts are brought? 

Thanks! 

Re: Bachelorette Party Gift ?

• Options
    I suggest that you trust your sister's friends know her well enough not to buy her lingerie if she's uncomfortable with that. Even if someone does bring her a gift of lingerie, will your sister really be that humiliated by opening it, to the point where she couldn't enjoy the party afterward, or will she be a little embarrassed and move on? If her reaction would really be that extreme, I would think anyone close enough to be invited would know better.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm probably just over thinking it/being an overprotective big sister. Thanks for the etiquette OK that she doesn't have to show off anything that does show up :)
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Thanks ladies! I'm probably just over thinking it/being an overprotective big sister. Thanks for the etiquette OK that she doesn't have to show off anything that does show up :)
    I always bring a gift to a bachelorette. Sometimes it is lingere, sometimes a beauty product, sometimes a bottle of booze, depending on the bride. Speaking of booze, give your sis a nice glass of wine before the party. She'll be fine :-)
  • Options
    Yeah, I've only been to one bachelorette party and everyone brought a gift, except me (oops!), so I assumed that was the norm.

Unfortunately my sister doesn't drink ;) but thanks for the advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards