Florida-South Florida
Options

Need Help with S FL Venue on a 10k Budget

Hi all! I recently got engaged and I've been searching venues for weeks!!! I need HELP pretty pleaseeee!
So this is the summary of what I'm looking for... 80-85 guests (half are from out of town).... outside ceremony with beautiful bay/ocean view (it can be on the beach).... outside reception with rustic feel/gardens/tent as plan B if it rains. If ceremony/reception are not in the same place, then they have to be nearby for my guests. I really hope that wherever I do the reception, they can accept outside catering and that I can buy my own alcohol. Am I asking for too much? LOL Most hotels charge a lot of money to use their restaurant/caterer and their bar service in addition to 22%+ Service Charges and Taxes. Don't mind buffet style or dinner menu, if outside catering is not allowed. I'm looking from Key Largo to Miami to Fort Lauderdale. I don't have a set date but we are shooting for October 2014. This gives us enough time to save for the wedding and plan!
I went to Key Largo Lighthouse Resort, not bad at all but over my budget. I've contacted Newport Beach hotel in Sunny Isles to see what packages they have including ceremony only and considering ceremony there then driving over to the Spanish Monastery in North Miami for the reception but I haven't heard anything about these venues (so if you have... please let me know!!!) I went to Rusty Pelican but a bit pricey as well. I checked out Key Biscayne Lighthouse in Bill Baggs and wasn't impressed. I was looking at Thalatta and Deering Estate but their are so many misc. fees, such as valet, security guards, etc.
Viscaya is way out of budget as well.
Any ideas are welcomed!! Thank you!

Re: Need Help with S FL Venue on a 10k Budget

• Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Try the Links in Key Biscayne. HTH!
  • Options
    LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    What about the palmetto bay center ( not 100% if that is the name but) also my venue that I am in love with new dawn at cutler bay it has a garden area you can bring your own caterer I think and I know you can bring your own alcohol

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options

The Links may be out of your budget.

What about Red Fish Grill? With your guest size, I think it could work.

"HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • Options
    Guest size is between 70-80. I checked out red fish grill already. Not bad on the price but over my budget... I'll check out the cutler bay place. Thank you all!
  • Options
    ANother thought is the Shane Center, you can have both your ceremony and reception there. I know of quite a few knotties on here that have had their wedding there. 
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • Options
    rraychrraych member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    A lot of your wedding details are similar to mine! I'm supposed to check out the Spanish monastery soon also, but I have checked the 'pointe room' at the ft lauderdale beach Sheraton (very pretty). Also I was told to check out GG's waterfront, but it had no place to have a ceremony there, so I took it off my list. Someone also recommended the chart house restaurant to me, and to check some of the golf course/country clubs in different areas. Good luck, let me know what you find (:
  • Options
    Hi Rraych! WEll I haven't checked out the charthouse but I did read a review that you can't have a DJ. I went to Spanish MOnastry and Loved it but the price is based on three hours (ONLY 3 hOURS- ah!) and it costs every hour after. I'm still on the fence with hotels because most of them are overpriced and you have to use their restaurant and bar- that's where they get you. I did check out SHane Center and it wasn't too bad but the view isn't great. Now I'm looking in the upper keys (Islamorada and Key Largo) to see if there's anything I like... It tough with the budget to find some place with a beautiful view and that they won't charge you an arm and a leg. I look at reviews of the New Dawn Cutler Bay place and I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for. A friend recommended Longans Place and that they care of everything and it's a decent price. lets see!  
  • Options
    rraychrraych member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Kladino- hi! Thanks for the heads up on the monastery, what a sneaky maneuver to only offer 3 hours! I know exactly where your coming from, sticking to budget without compromising is tough. Hope Logan's place works out! Have you chosen any vendors yet-dj, photog.?
  • Options

No, nothing yet. I want to get the venue first then decide on the rest. Some venues offer those services too so that's why I'm on the fence for now. I do have three photographers that I must choose from for my engagement pics, Cary Diaz, Alina M and Alain Martinez Photography. They all have amazing pics and have been highly recommended.

Good luck on the venue hunting! I'm going to Islamorada in 2 weeks to check a few places out.

• Options
    CG Women's Club. Very reasonable, I think.
  • Options
    Have you looked into Weddings by the Sea and then maybe Hillcrest Country Club in Hollywood.  I know Weddings by the Sea usually does something on Hollywood beach, so it wouldn't be to far to get ti Hillcrest.  Another reception option is maybe the Mai Kai in Fort Lauderdale.  I on't know if they can do the ceremony there, but I know they can accommodate that size because our rehearsal is going to be huge and that is where we are having it.  

Hope you find something soon.  It is a huge relief to get that detail checked off the list.  
  • Options
    Thanks @Meggis! I have emailed HIllcrest Country Club and will check it out. Still venue hunting.... ugh!
  • Options
    YA1YA1 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    The extra hours at the Monastery are not all that expensive and it is a beautiful place.  New Dawn at Cutler Bay is amazing. You have to use their caterer who is very very reasonable and you can bring in your own liquor. You can have your ceremony in the garden.  It is probably larger than you need. I went to a 15's there this weekend and 250 were seated very comfortably.  I've been to see Longan's. It is charming and the size is right. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks @YA1! Yeah, I'm back at where I started.... I'm thinking beach/water view ceremony, then heading over to a venue where I can take my own caterer/booze and stay within my $10K budget. I haven't dealt with any caterers yet so I'm not sure what the average prices are. Any ideas?
  • Options
    YA1YA1 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    My daughter is having her reception at the Spanish Monastery and we are actually using the caterer from New Dawn at Cutler Bay.  I think he can do something nice in the $35-$45 pp range. That is for a plated dinner + h'ordeouvres (sp), waiters , bartenders , his mixers, you provide liquor. It's Ral[h's Catering.
  • Options
    Thank you so much! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards