Wedding Reception Forum

Any ideas for a golf themed wedding?

I am getting married August 10 at a golf course. We have a golf themed cake and have ordered personalized golf balls. Does anyone have any other cute ideas??

Re: Any ideas for a golf themed wedding?

• subtle. anything more turns it into a party about theme and not your marriage.

i assume you ordered golf ball favors with your names/date? meh-great if the guests plays golf. not great if they dont

• I hope you golf b/c you're likely to have a lot of golf balls left over. 

Do you LIKE golf?  Do you WANT a golf theme? You don't have to go golf-themed just b/c you get married at a golf course. I got married on a golf course, too. The only thing golf related we had was our minister put golf tees down so we would know where to stand and guests were driven down to the ceremony site on golf carts. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

DH & I have about 4 bags full of "old" golf balls I could ship you to use for vase filler (kidding).

You honestly don't need any more golf decorations.

DH & I golf 2x per week and you lost me at personalized golf balls...we have a very specific brand we each like (as do most regular golfers), so even we wouldn't use this favor.

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I agree that  your theme should be love and marriage. But you could use the name of your favorite golf courses instead of table numbers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wouldn't bother with a theme besides marriage either.  You don't have to make it all "cute."  Too much cuteness becomes off-putting.
  • smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    itzMS said:

DH & I have about 4 bags full of "old" golf balls I could ship you to use for vase filler (kidding).

You honestly don't need any more golf decorations.

DH & I golf 2x per week and you lost me at personalized golf balls...we have a very specific brand we each like (as do most regular golfers), so even we wouldn't use this favor.

@itzMS are they titelist pro v 1x's?

Anniversary
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2013

@smalfrie19, I wish I had that kind of money :-)

I use Titleist DT Solos, DH uses Nike Crush Extreme

• Decorate a golf cart as your "getaway" car.
  • See I was going to suggest getting chocolate golf balls as your favor.  That way it sticks with your theme and it is edible which is the best favor type ever!

You could have your guests each sign a golf ball instead of a traditional guest book and then store them all in a large bucket or glass jar.

You could have a photobooth with a bunch of funny golf attire and clubs to pose with.

When I worked in a florist a couple had a wedding and their centerpieces were designed to look like a golf course.  They had 19 tables (19 being their sweetheart table) so each centerpiece was designed to look like a different hole.  They had sand traps and water hazards, a green and fairway, etc.  They were a pain in the ass to make and took forever.  We also place a mini golfcart on each one.  Don't get me wrong they looked great but I just thought the whole idea was silly.

• I would be on board with chocolate golf balls. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • aefowler said:

Decorate a golf cart as your "getaway" car.

Yeah I was going to suggest this. I was a BM in a wedding this past weekend and we decorated a bunch of golf carts and ran around taking pictures in them. It was hilarious and fun. I think the course let borrow the carts for free for one hour.
  • AddieL73 said:
    I would be on board with chocolate golf balls. 
    Anything chocolate is a winner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards