Flowers

Extra Charge for Floral design and production

I received my proposal from the floral designer, and listed were the typical items, bouquet- $300, boutonnieres-$25, centerpieces -$300, and the very last item, it read , " floral design and production"- $685 !
   I have to go meet to revise the proposal today, and I am curious  to know f anyone could explain this extra charge.   I think I was always under the impression that f you were being charged $300 for a bouquet, that included the flowers and the service of arranging them.    

Re: Extra Charge for Floral design and production

• I haven't heard of that for a florist ever. Is one bouquet $300 and one boutonnière $25? If so, that should be inclusive of everything. Our florist was in a really bad neighborhood in a lousy shop, but one of only two approved by our venue. The bride's bouquet was $150 and each bout was $12. Even though she was reasonable, we are in the city so I am used to high prices. I find your prices way too high.
  • Unless your flowers are really hard to come by, those prices seem high, and the extra charge for designing them is ridiculous.
  • Your florist may have broken out her labor costs into a separate charge, possibly just for the centerpieces.

For your bouquet, is that the price for one bouquet or multiple bouquets?  Same with the bouts?  And how many centerpieces because $300 for all centerpieces seems on the low side depending on how many you are getting and what is involved.

I will say that $300 for a bridal bouquet is normal for me just because of my area, but of course I would be expecting something pretty large with high end flowers.  I know that mine easily cost that much.

• I have never seen an extra charge for design- that should be built into the cost for each item! I've only ever seen an additional fee for delivery/set up, which is no where near $600+.

While $300 is very high for a bouquet, it isn't completely unheard of, if it includes peonies off season, ostrich feathers, crystals, rare orchids, etc. but if it's in season stems, or common flowers then it's way overpriced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards