Getting in Shape
Options

Tag team efforts

FH and I just got our engagement photo disk yesterday, and boy were we disappointed in them. Don't get me wrong, our photographer is excellent, and the artistry behind the photos is great, but the couple in the photos...well, afterwards both of us got in the car and said, "is that really what I look like?" Both of us could stand to lose a few pounds, and he was disappointed enough to balk when I was going to upload a couple to Facebook. Sigh, I had a horrible sleep last night (FH and dogs took up a goodly portion of the bed, and he didn't wear his snore guard, so he snored long and loud). No energy, but to boot camp I will go!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tag team efforts

• Options
    Sometimes we all need a wake up call to jump start to rev up our motivation. Use it as a positive this way! Tell yourselves that you will work together so that you can retake those photos but as healthier individuals. It'll be fun to compare the two sets of photos when this is all and done with! 
  • Options
    @Alesha1978 - I'm so sorry you are disappointed. Like FTL said sometimes you just need a wake up call. Mine was NYE 3 years ago. I saw a picture of myself and just went Oh.My.God.... and ever since then I've been more diligent.

It will be a good way to really jumpstart yourself on the way to healthier lifestyle. Not just losing weight for a wedding, but being healthier for the rest of your life!

• Options
    This same thing happened to us. We took our engagement photos and both kind of went "holy shit, really..?" when we saw them. We tag teamed it and he lost about 60lbs and I lost about 30lbs. And now our wedding photos rock. It's doable. I know it sucks but it's a good wake up call and sometimes we need that. My H and I definitely did. Use this as a starting point to begin a healthier life style together. 

And here's my case in point: engagement photos vs. wedding photos (click and click)
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

@Alesha1978, that sucks! But, you can have awesome wedding shots! So, just look at that as your goal!

@cnf2013, your wedding photos are awesome!

• Options
    @Alesha1978 - Sorry to hear you are not happy with the photos. FI and I did ours recently and had some of the same feelings. We tried to remind ourselves that the pics celebrated our love and we love each other no matter what. We've been working on improving our lifestyle habits for a few month now and I constantly remind myself that my body didn't get this way overnight and it's not going to change overnight either. Keep your chin up, maybe this is the motivation you need. 
  • Options
    cnf2013 said:
    This same thing happened to us. We took our engagement photos and both kind of went "holy shit, really..?" when we saw them. We tag teamed it and he lost about 60lbs and I lost about 30lbs. And now our wedding photos rock. It's doable. I know it sucks but it's a good wake up call and sometimes we need that. My H and I definitely did. Use this as a starting point to begin a healthier life style together. 
    CNF, I wasn't able to see your engagement photos, but your wedding photos are lovely!!
    And here's my case in point: engagement photos vs. wedding photos (click and click)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, those are some good vibes and positive thoughts! We'll keep on keeping on, and see where that takes us. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CNF that's amazing.. I didn't realize the difference, until I saw the pictures side by side! AWESOME! 

Alesha, you got this :) Small changes do a LOT. And the slow option is the longest lasting option. GL girl :) 
  • Options
    So, I went to my folks place to try my dress on again. Mom thought I was crazy, but I really needed to know how it fit since my efforts of eating better and being more diligent with boot camp. At my final fitting, the bodice was tight. Like, way too tight. I couldn't have gotten the corset on by myself had I wanted to, and was told to "exhale a little more" by my Mom on that day. Well, on Saturday late afternoon, I got the corset on by myself, and Mom had no trouble zipping me in, and said that it felt much looser in that regard. Plus, there was way less back fat upon looking in the mirror. Yay! YAAAY!! :-) I had thought the worst, as the scale was creeping up, but muscle weighs more than fat. Now, to keep this up as a way of life!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Alesha1978 - That's awesome. Keep up the good work!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards