Snarky Brides

Worst Pinterest Ideas EVER

Re: Worst Pinterest Ideas EVER

• tarratall said:
    Oh god I should have never opened this thread. Excuse me, I need to go splint the ribs I just broke from laughing.
    @Peledreamsofrain Hey, my rib injury is legit.  
    Then you especially shouldn't be reading this thread and risking laughing!  Shoo woman!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

Hey, Twinkies are kind of like cupcakes, right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

People would FREAK OUT and be so thrilled simply because you can't buy Twinkies anymore. Heck, I know I would. I don't care if it's a wedding, I'd be so impressed...but I'd also need to ask, "When did these expire?" Regardless, I'd probably still eat them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jarednmeganjarednmegan member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    sxyktn812 said:
    snippet17 said:
    I have a couple friends with worse ideas in their wedding boards.

Iimage

I hate to say it but I could actually see the cake being a funny groom's cake laugh at the rehearsal dinner.  I think there's a lot more leeway on a groom's cake.  Now, if that's supposed to be the wedding cake, I rescind all approval immediately! 
    This is not something I saw on Pinterest, but...you've watched "Steel Magnolias," right? Right?!

The groom's cake was made to resemble an armadillo. *barf*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So, I joined Pinterest just so I can contribute to this thread. For your enjoyment.....

For some reason this just bugs me. If it's meant to reserve seats for VIP's, then just say reserved. To me actually having signs that say only the groom's/bride's side can seat here are annoying.
    Anniversary
  • Haha, mason jars and twine. All that's missing is burlap.

Anniversary
  • How about this one? Not sure which is worse, the topper or the cake design.

Anniversary
  • @blueobsidian - I think Joy and Darnell had that cake in My Name is Earl  :)

• rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
  • @jarednmegan they still sell Twinkies in Canada, its a big national security secret.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes, apples.... the caption is hilarious!
  • Hilarious, but seems like a great way to give you future kid nightmares, LOL.

• My only contribution and confession in this thread: I kind of really love the T Rex wedding pic. Sue me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Yeah, I like it too.  Saw one with the Star Wars AT Walkers superimposed.  That will be my son's wedding pic one day, I'm sure of it.
  • efmcc67efmcc67 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2013

Caption said "Going for a rustic wedding on a budget? Start cramming sticks into things LOL"
    I give points for the caption because it's funny.
    What a fantastic way to ruin delicious cherries!

ETA: or apples? They looked like Rainier cherries to me at first, but now I'm just not sure ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

People would FREAK OUT and be so thrilled simply because you can't buy Twinkies anymore. Heck, I know I would. I don't care if it's a wedding, I'd be so impressed...but I'd also need to ask, "When did these expire?" Regardless, I'd probably still eat them.

Eh, in a month it won't be something to freak out about (did anyone really expected it to be a permanent disappearance?):
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • imagemight be good for camping?

• Most offensive shade of pink for one of the most money grubbing wedding planning topics. How about paying for your OWN wedding? Oh, and be sure to check out the grammar, spelling and etiquette mistakes it has.
    That is truly awful, although I do kind of like the idea of "engagment photos." Hee hee!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• What the hell? I went over to wedding bee to see if I could snag a brilliant idea or two. That was like an hour ago. I've been stuck on THIS (<----- click) thread ever since.

I haven't even finished it yet (if you read it, scroll through the comments and read OP's updates. Save some time).
    Wow I couldn't stop reading that.
  • Most offensive shade of pink for one of the most money grubbing wedding planning topics. How about paying for your OWN wedding? Oh, and be sure to check out the grammar, spelling and etiquette mistakes it has.
    What's a boquet?  I want one!

I don't think I want engagment photos though, sounds gross.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • My only contribution and confession in this thread: I kind of really love the T Rex wedding pic. Sue me :)
    You'll be hearing from my lawyer.
  • imagemight be good for camping?

That is so creepy-looking...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Eh, in a month it won't be something to freak out about (did anyone really expected it to be a permanent disappearance?):
    I'd heard they might be coming back. WOOOOOOT
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can see the "walking sleeping bag" leading to a huge surge in Bigfoot sightings. 

• kerbohl said:
    I can see the "walking sleeping bag" leading to a huge surge in Bigfoot sightings. 
    Bigfoot with no arms...how dangerous can he be, right?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Speaking of Twinkies...I just heard on the radio this morning that they will be back on the shelves on July 15th!!!!  My wedding is 4 days later, maybe they should make an appearance?  JK.  :)
  • Speaking of Twinkies...I just heard on the radio this morning that they will be back on the shelves on July 15th!!!!  My wedding is 4 days later, maybe they should make an appearance?  JK.  :)
    One of my co-workers makes a mean "Twinkie cake." It's not made with real Twinkies, but it tastes pretty darn similar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kerbohl I was thinking the same thing about Bigfoot.

Also the "rules" about getting engaged is just ridiculous. We broke Every. Single. One. Of. Them. We just got back from hiking so I hadn't showered that day and was covered in bug dope. Definitely no nails done. He forgot to get on one knee. Pretty sure he didn't say my full name. Talked to my dad after asking me because he wanted me to be the first to know. Didn't have anyone taking pictures of it. And I was a little by surprised but not completely.
  • Anyone else notice that "Who Wear's the Cake?" has improper use of an apostrophe?  

• Just came across this one stuff brides say.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards