Not Engaged Yet

Weekend?

What are your plans for the glorious weekend that is upon us?

After work today H, Lucille, and I are heading down to my parent's house in Cape May for the weekend. Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day on the beach and we'll probably head up to the boardwalk in Wildwood at some point. I want to come home early-ish on Sunday because my apartment is a disgusting wreck and I need to make myself do something about it. Lucy is staying with my parents for 1-2 weeks because my mom loves her and Lucy loves my mom's yard. It's really like having a child and shipping them off to Grandmom's for a couple weeks in the summer. I'm going to miss my pupperoni!

And for good measure, here's a pic of Lucy with her newest toy that I got her while in Boston last weekend. I think this is the longest it's taken her to kill a toy in her whole life. @LivLeighton: how are yours holding up?

Re: Weekend?

• @swazzle your weekend sounds so much fun! I have never been to Wildwood ever, I think I'll have to put it on my to-do list this summer. How can you leave Lucy for so long? I was a mess when I dropped off Quigley to the people who were watching him while we were on vacation. I would be so sad, but at least she loves your mom yard! She's so cute (Lucy lol, I'm sure your mom is cute too!)!

This weekend....tonight I'm mowing the lawn, doing laundry, and cleaning. Saturday I bring Buddy for his annual, then a quick trip to Ocean State Job Lot and the grocery store. We'll probably hang out in the pool and drink sweet tea vodka and lemonade (my new favorite, I don't even have a hangover!). My friend and her H are coming over for dinner, drinks and CAH. Sunday more pool time, that's about it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle I'm so jealous your heading down to Wildwood... I miss that place, not sure if we'll get down there this summer either. Did you get all of your proofs from Stephanie yet?

Tonight I have a show, FI is coming and so are my parents and some friends. Tomorrow afternoon more working on the house probably some painting too.   I have another show at night.  Sunday I'm going to a bridal show with my sister, and then I have a matinee show and we close. It will be a tiring busy weekend.  The weather will be real nice at least!

Last night we went to see another photographer, he was great also.  We have two photographers that we now love. So we're debating things like do we want a second photographer, what albums and pictures do we want included in a package...... I have no idea...

Anniversary

• edited June 2013
    @swazzle- Aw look at Lucy! She is so cute! My dogs eat their toys fast too. We have to strategically pick out the toys by how fast we think they will be destroyed.

Tonight @lmhollister and I are going to go get her new puppy dog from my coworker!!! I'm so excited because I get to snuggle with it on the way home! She is so cute! Pictures I'm sure will be up on Monday.

Saturday I'll probably go for a run in the morning and then my bridesmaids and I are going to the salon to go try on their dresses. We have narrowed it down to 3 choices and all of them a very pretty dresses, it's just a matter of which one they feel the best in. Then after that FI and I are going to his cousin's wedding. 

Sunday we have church and then we are having lunch with FI's mom and then that evening FI has a big tennis match. If he wins this match then he goes to the City Championships next weekend yay! 
  • @buddysmom80 - I'm so freakin jealous of your pool. Wildwood is pretty awesome. I spent all summer every summer down there when I was younger. If you plan a weekend trip, let me know!

@peaseblossom55 - Your new name is hard to remember! I haven't gotten pics back yet but I was looking on her SmugMug and some of our pictures are up. Basically up until the ceremony is up on there but nothing after that. She said 4-6 weeks and tomorrow is 7 weeks so I'm probably going to contact her again next week and find out what the deal is.

• @swazzlewhen I bought the house, I almost had the seller take down the pool, BF begged me to keep it, I'm kind of glad I listened to him! I will of course let you know when we plan on going to Wildwood! We decided yesterday in our booziness that we are going to try to take as many weekend trips away as we can this summer and next summer. Wildwood is on the list now!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle sorry I know the name is hard to remember.  Stephanie is in our top two photographers right now, so I was just curious.

Anniversary

• @swazzle - Lucy looks so cute with her toy!  my pups like to go visit Grammy's house, too.  they get excited when she comes over or when they go over there.  so cute!

today after work I am getting a MASSAGE!!  so pumped.  eeeeeee!

tomorrow, I am picking up a gallon of blueberries from the farmer's market.  I'm splitting them with a friend.  H and I are also going to go eat lunch at our favorite Mexican place, so that will be fun.

Sunday after church, we are having lunch with my grandma.

that's about all the big plans I have!  we're trying not to schedule a bunch of stuff this summer, because we've been way over-scheduled and over committed since Thanksgiving, and spring was especially ridiculous.
  • @peaseblossom55 - I'll PM you a link to the pics she finished so far! 

• Gah. This weekend I don't have knitting class (weeps) and the weather is supposed to be fairly rough all weekend long (weeps again). Tomorrow morning we're heading to my parents' place to celebrate Father's Day one week late. My parents enjoyed their second honeymoon; I don't think I've heard my mom that excited in about 5 years when she called me from their destination. My dad really went above and beyond on this one.

So tomorrow will be fun. We're going to go yarn shopping in the afternoon as I have converted my brother's girlfriend to knitting (one of us! one of us!) and I'm hoping to show her it can be affordable.

I know this is full of bad sentence structure and I'm not correcting it because I'm dead on my feet. Deal.
  • @CocoBellaF - Enjoy your massage! That sounds so amazing. That's a lot of blueberries. I don't actually like blueberries to just eat. I like blueberry flavor and I like them in pancakes and baked goods but for some reason I just don't like them as a snack or whatever. I'm the same with raspberries and blackberries. Come to think of it the only berry I really like to eat is a strawberry. 

• @KeptInStitches - Where did your parents go? I have to try to find a Father's Day card today. My mom informed me that my step dad is upset because he didn't get a card from me or from his biological kids. I called him on Father's Day but apparently that wasn't enough. I think this is ridiculous. 

• @swazzle. Thank you for the link.  This will definitely help the day go by faster! :-)

Anniversary

• @swazzle Your dog is adorable!  I'm jealous of your weekend on the beach.  Have fun!

FI and I had talked about dinner with friends tonight.  Honestly, I can't remember if any of us went through and made reservations for anywhere tonight.  There had been talk of Gemini Bistro because I have sadly never been.  Because we probably don't have a reservation, we'll probably just meet up somewhere for drinks instead.

Tomorrow is supposed to be our engagement photo session.  FI hates getting pictures taken and I promised him we'd wait until it was warmer out to have them.  Between our schedules and the photographers its taken this long for us all to have a weekend to get together.   BUT, I haven't heard from my photographer all week.  I have left a vm and two emails for a time, and I've heard NOTHING back.  This is so not like her, and I really don't know what to do about it.  I know she hasn't fallen off the face of the planet because she was on facebook this morning posting about taking her kids to MN.   If she's headed there too, and hasn't returned my messages I am going to freak out.

Sunday, if there have been no pictures taken, I will probably find the closest street fest to drink my anger away.   And then spend Sunday night trying to find a way out of my photo contract.   Otherwise, I might try and convince FI to let me tag along golfing.  He keeps going with the boys and I'm like "I wanna play too!".
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @swazzle I feel your pain. A couple of years ago, I forgot to mail my dad a Father's Day card and did it as they were heading back from out west. He emailed me and said "the postmark from teh Father's Day card is from July, I hope you know when Father's Day is"

Needless to say, I sent one out this year so I wouldn't hear about it.

He hates being on the phone, so calling him is torture. Good old dad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • This is our last weekend with both of us in town for both days for the next two months, so we're going to take it easy.

Dinner out somewhere tonight (within walking distance). Tomorrow I'd like to walk over to the park to check out the public pool. I need some sun before we hit Arizona next week!

No plans for Sunday either but I'd like to get all the laundry done, then download another book or two onto my kindle and read in the backyard.

<After re-reading the above, I sound lame-o>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

This weekend is puppy weekend! OMG I am beyond excited to bring Cinders home tonight! And yes, there will be pictures, so so many pictures. Cinders with her aunties Bella and Cheyanne, and Cinders with me, and Cinders with my family and BF. I seriously just have puppy fever right now.

Aside from all of the puppy excitement, I don't have a lot else going on. I have bridesmaids dress shopping tomorrow with @southernpeach89 and the other girls. Hopefully I find something that is flattering and comfortable. Saturday evening BF and I may be hanging out with another couple but that's kind of up in the air right now. The main thing we need to focus on this weekend is cleaning our apartment and taking down the ceiling fans we installed when we moved in. Once that's done we are completely finished with that awful place. The rest of our plans all involve the word "puppy". :)

• @cu97tiger your weekend does not sound lame, it's the calm before the storm since you'll be busy the rest of the summer!!!!

@lmhollister we want pictures of the puppy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle my dads elks club used to always have a convention in wildwood when I was little. I was so amazing at ski ball lemme tell ya!

@peaseblossom55 we have a 10x10 album, engagement pics, unlimited day of coverage, and no second shooter. I was iffy on the second shooter thing but I'm confident we will be okay (we also have a ton of photog friends that will be guests)

@keptinstitches my fi's mom is coming up this weekend and she is a knitting addict. It should be fun! My current knitting project keeps getting out on hold because I kept getting sick whenever I worked on it (not related to the project - I had a stomach infection that was horrible then went dormant and then came back with a vengeance.)

This weekend, fi's mom is visiting. I pick her up in about 2 hours from the airport. We arranged a surprise visit to our wedding venue for this afternoon and we are trying out a restaurant for the rehearsal dinner today. It might be a little too funky but at least the menu sounds pretty good.

Fi's dad and gma are coming down Saturday to steam crabs and hangout. Then fi's other gparents are coming to pick up fi's mom (fmil?! Omg) and take her to Maryland to visit the rest of the relatives. They're staying here for a few days though so that will be fun.

I'm going to be so tired by the end of the weekend.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Fiancé and I have our engaged encounter weekend in va from this evening until Sunday evening. That sums up my weekend plans
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @swazzle - Lucy is the cutest!
    @suzie211 - who the heck is your photog? They better have a good reason for leaving you hanging. And where are you planning to get e-pics done? There are so many places to pick!

As for me, after work today we're going to a place called Headquarters Beercade for a friend's birthday. It is what it sounds like. . . a bar with old school arcade and pinball games.  http://hqbeercade.com/ I'm pretty damn excited to play Ms. Pac-Man. 

Tomorrow we are packing and painting. And watching hockey. Sunday is a repeat of Saturday minus the hockey game. Super exciting. 
  • @Blue&amp;White Part of me wants a second shooter for at least part of the day but we'll see. 

We definitely want to do an engagement shoot though.

Anniversary

• @swazzle - My parents went to Stillwater, MN, and stayed at the same inn they did for their honeymoon. It's on the east side of the Twin Cities metro area.
  • @cschiano I want to go to the beer arcade! Have you been there before?

@jessica41381 what is an engaged encounter?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @buddysmom80 I have not been there before, but one of my coworkers has and said it is a blast. You should come ;) I think that the games are free too, which is a bonus!
  • Jessica41381Jessica41381 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013

@cschiano I want to go to the beer arcade! Have you been there before?

@jessica41381 what is an engaged encounter?

The engaged encounter weekend is a requirement for a catholic wedding.From my understanding we listen to a few different married couples then answer some questions /our opinions on topics, then get together with our fiancé and discuss our answers. It's a jam packed weekend and at the end you get a certificate that you completed the weekend. We have to bring the certificate to our priest and then we can get married in the church. And although I'm not catholic (fiance is)they don't require it to attend the weekend. I would be lying if I said I was excited about it, only because everything we will discuss my fiancé and I have already talked about and when we took the foccus we scored perfect so we didn't have to have anymore meetings or requirements except the ee weekend!
  • @cschiano - We have something like that but it's called Barcade! So fun. Have a great time!

• Fiancé and I have our engaged encounter weekend in va from this evening until Sunday evening. That sums up my weekend plans
    What on earth is this?

• FI is in Vegas this weekend for EDC so I'm on my own for most of it.

Tonight I'm looking forward to just opening a bottle of wine and cleaning the apartment.

Tomorrow night I have plans with two of my FSILs in the city--probably something low-key like a movie or pedicures though because one of them is prego!

Sunday we pick FI up from the airport and head straight back to the city for a baseball game with his family.  It pains me to go root for anyone but my Yankees, but I'm not going to pretend I know shit about baseball anyway so I really have no right to an opinion like that :x

@Jessica41381 Is the engaged encounter weekend similar to Pre-Cana?  I've heard of that before, but never a whole weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Swazzle said:
    Fiancé and I have our engaged encounter weekend in va from this evening until Sunday evening. That sums up my weekend plans

A weekend focused on topics discussed by married couples and seeing how my fiancé and I (and other engaged couples) agree and disagree on things such as finances, family, etc What on earth is this?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards