Snarky Brides

Trashy Confessions

1. I wear flats....daily
2. I considered the color orange for my wedding (dodged a bullet!)
3. I do not plan to wearing a bra with my wedding dress
4. although I am skinny, I have a WHALE personality
5. I am not spending $4,000 on shoes that look they were rolled in craft store puke - I can't afford it :(
6. I am having a strolling dinner (I swear don't anyone ask me what that is) which is kind of like a buffet

You?
*********************************************************************************

Re: Trashy Confessions

• What's a strolling dinner? That sounds trashy.
  • I am a whale.  Both in girth and personality.  Well, maybe more like a porpoise.  I sing like a whale, though.

If I get married, I will probably make my own wedding dress. By hand.

I will probably also have a buffet.  My family likes to consume mass quantities.

I, also, always wear flats.

I had a silk flower bouquet at my first wedding.

Im your huckleberry gif Val Kilmer Tombstone Imgur
  • relliotts said:

I am a whale.  Both in girth and personality.  Well, maybe more like a porpoise.  I sing like a whale, though.

I will probably also have a buffet.  My family likes to consume mass quantities.

Are you a seamstress too? We need to be friends.
    Listen... I'm going to have plenty of napkins for everyone, ok? NYU where are you? 
    *********************************************************************************

Listen... I'm going to have plenty of napkins for everyone, ok? NYU where are you? 

Dude, you totally can't tell people how to post.
  • I am a whale.  Both in girth and personality.  Well, maybe more like a porpoise.  I sing like a whale, though.

I am!  I just posted a picture of one of my trashy handmade dresses in a topic of the same name.  Yes, let's be friends!image

• relliotts said:

I am a whale.  Both in girth and personality.  Well, maybe more like a porpoise.  I sing like a whale, though.

I am!  I just posted a picture of one of my trashy handmade dresses in a topic of the same name.  Yes, let's be friends!image

Can I be in the happy bestie seamstress club, too? I make trashy things. Most recently, I made a dress from a whale-sized men's shirt, from goodwill, and I wear it with flats. That has to be trashy enough.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • misshart00misshart00 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    bunni727 said:
    relliotts said:

Can I be in the happy bestie seamstress club, too? I make trashy things. Most recently, I made a dress from a whale-sized men's shirt, from goodwill, and I wear it with flats. That has to be trashy enough.

Do you have pictures? Edit: I mean, of course you can. But I want to see pictures.
  • bunni727 said:
    relliotts said:

Trashy seamstresses UNITE!!image

• 1. I, too, am a whale.
    2. I bought flats for my wedding and went barefoot instead. That has to be SUPER trashy.
    3. We had a buffet with a mashed potato bar. Oh the horror.
    4. I think flip-flops are appropriate for at least 8-9 months out of the year. Flats are acceptable for the other months.
    5. I apparently have a bad wedding photo as my siggy, or so I was told by someone who wanted to photoshop her own wedding photos. SOOOOO TRASHY!
  • I confess that I was barefoot and wore trashy custom made pearl foot jewelry.

I also confess that my dress was large enough for two trashy whales to hide under.

And I also confess that my centerpeices were hand made and trashy.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I wore flats today and I think they cost all of $12 a few years ago. I'm also a whale. I've never made my own dresses but I've made curtains and duvet covers.... Maybe that's trashy too!
  • relliotts said:
    1. I, too, am a whale.
    2. I bought flats for my wedding and went barefoot instead. That has to be SUPER trashy.
    4. I think flip-flops are appropriate for at least 8-9 months out of the year. Flats are acceptable for the other months.
    5. I apparently have a bad wedding photo as my siggy, or so I was told by someone who wanted to photoshop her own wedding photos. SOOOOO TRASHY!
    It's OK, you can make that all better by paying someone to photoshop you in to a mermaid.
    If only had several hundred dollars to throw at someone to photoshop my backgrounds! Oh wait... I didn't expect my photographer to clean up the room that got trashed in the chaos of several women and children trying to get dressed at once. OH and the pictures that I'm going to frame and show off are the ones of us on the beach...

• snippet17 said:
    1. I wear steel toe boots most days to work.
    2. I am a plus size girl.
    3. I only spent $50 for the shoes I bought for my wedding.
    4. My only flowers are made of paper.

If this is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
    Love this!  I also wear steel toe boots well, every day at work.  And a hard hat and safety glasses, ya know, to complete the look.

Perhaps I have a whale personality (WTF, how did the poster on that thread even think she made SENSE?!)

No way I'll spend over $50 for shoes, that's borderline pricey in my book.  I will absolutely be wearing flats because FI is my height and also, I don't hate my feet.

I don't know on flowers yet, if I pick venue A the flowers are included in the overpriced ceremony package, if I pick venue B they will probably come from Costco or Trader Joes.

If I'm trashy because I'd rather spend my budget properly hosting my guests and making sure they have a good time rather than buying overpriced stripper heels and the like, I'll gladly be trashy.

P.S. I freakin' LOVE homemade dresses.  I have no talent at that sort of thing, but my sister does and I think her skills are amazeballs.
  • 1. I, too, am a whale.
    Oh the horror, the delicious, delicious horror!  Who knew being trashy could taste so good.  And now I want mashed potatoes.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • bunni727 said:
    relliotts said:

Do you have pictures? Edit: I mean, of course you can. But I want to see pictures.
    Yay! Not presently, but I should take some. Maybe tomorrow. 

@relliotts,  love the sewing kitty gif!

And I don't think this thread would be complete without Dolly:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NYCBruin said:
    1. I, too, am a whale.
    Oh the horror, the delicious, delicious horror!  Who knew being trashy could taste so good.  And now I want mashed potatoes.
    The caterer set it up so there was a giant bowl of mashed potatoes and then for the "fixins" - giant pile of bacon crumbles, sour cream, cheese, chives, etc. That's all I heard about from DH's friends lol
  • NYCBruin said:
    1. I, too, am a whale.
    The caterer set it up so there was a giant bowl of mashed potatoes and then for the "fixins" - giant pile of bacon crumbles, sour cream, cheese, chives, etc. That's all I heard about from DH's friends lol
    That sounds amazing!  And this further proves that other poster was BSC.  Bacon is never trashy.  Fact.
  • 1. Female attendants were in handmade outfits (and 2 of them in PANTS! The horror!) 2. Had a buffet... Of finger foods no less. 3. Played Irish music (apparently this is trashy???) at the reception. 4. I had "no boobs" in my dress, but then again, I have no boobs. 5. I wore $5 flat plastic flip flops. 6. We didn't really have centerpieces at all, and my flowers were sunflowers and daisies.
    What!?!  Irish music is trashy?  When did this happen?  My music is going to be similar.  I guess I'm doomed? 

And I will admit, I paid way too much money for my "wedding boots".  But I needed new boots to wear after the wedding as well, so I splurged a bit more.  But wearing boots to a wedding might also be trashy.  Oh well. 

• Courtiana, you are extremely lucky that you didn't invite me at the wedding.  I would have OD'ed at your potato bar and you'd have memories of a guest face-down in the giant bowl and mumbling into the potatoes about how awesome they are.

I just snorted with laughter and the dog looked at me like I was nuts.
  • 1) I rock flats all the time (all though, I am wearing heels for the wedding, they're just so sparkly!)

2) Heavy apps here. It's a buffet of apps, that must be super trashy. Oh, and the gourmet mac'n'cheese station. Epitome of trashiness, right?

3) I'm wearing a pink dress for my wedding. If that's not trashy, I don't know what is.

4) I would definitely qualify as a whale. But ya know what, FI loves this whale. Take that!

5) Those awesome sparkly shoe? Yeah, got those on sale for 17 bucks.  Trashy for the win!

And for those that don't remember what they look like or haven't seen them, enjoy:

Anniversary
  • 1) I drink wine out of coffee cups. 2) I like cheap wine. 3) I'm having a buffet at my wedding. But no potatoes :( 4) I'm not having any of my wedding photos photoshopped.
    Drinking chuck shaw out of coffee mugs is a weekly occurrence at my apartment. 

I am totally having my photos photoshopped. When I get stressed I tend to break out. I would not be at all surprised if I have a zit on my wedding day. I'm fine if it happens, but we will not be immortalizing the little bastard in our wedding album. 
    Unless you're also photoshopping sweet fake backgrounds into your photos, I'm pretty sure they'll still be tacky.
  • @RajahBMFD Those shoes are beautiful, and a pink dress?  Very nice!  I'm incorporating a lot of blue in my wedding dress (I looked high and low for a blue wedding dress and came up with nothing, so this is my best option) - I bet it will be "trashy" as well. 

• tiny specktiny speck member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Now I wish we'd done a trashy ol' buffet cause everyone else's sound amazing! Let's see though, at our wedding...

1. There were no real flowers and my bouquet was browny goldy silk flowers
    2. We had no centrepieces, and actually no decorations at all apart from tea lights
    3. We also had no music
    4. My dress was beigey yellowy AND I didn't wear a bra
    5. I did my own makeup and hair, and yep you can see bobby pins all over my head in a bunch of photos
  • 1) I drink wine out of coffee cups. 2) I like cheap wine. 3) I'm having a buffet at my wedding. But no potatoes :( 4) I'm not having any of my wedding photos photoshopped.
    Drinking chuck shaw out of coffee mugs is a weekly occurrence at my apartment. 

I am totally having my photos photoshopped. When I get stressed I tend to break out. I would not be at all surprised if I have a zit on my wedding day. I'm fine if it happens, but we will not be immortalizing the little bastard in our wedding album. 

If I was a half-decent writer I would have written an ode to two-buck-chuck by now. I pick up some frozen fruit at TJs and throw a few pieces in to make a sort-of sangria with it when I'm feelin fancy, but by itself in coffee mugs works just fine the rest of the time :)
  • My wedding dress will be blue, so trashy.
    We're doing all stations for dinner, and a mashed potato bar, so trashy.
    My wedding cake will be a 3D spaceship-trashy.
     We're likely doing a gourmet s'mores bar, so trashy.
      I guess I'm saved by my expensive shoes

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards