Just Engaged and Proposals

Post-Wedding Bridal Advice

-If you want to get married at a venue with an outdoor waterfront, make sure it's on a balcony or elevated surface.  Plan the waterfront wedding on the first floor on a windy day, you're stuck indoors because the waves will get your guests drenched.

-It pays to get professionals.  Especially for hair, make-up, photography and video.  Even if you purchase the cheapest package, it's worth it.  Having the once in a while "bad hair day" on your wedding will show in pictures.

-Video, video, video!  Many will spend the extra $$ on pictures, but a video is just as important, if not MORE.  You see the actual "day".  Also you get to see personalities, venue ambiance, how guests enjoyed themselves, who danced, the love you and your hubby shared, etc. 

-No matter how organized you are, or popular your vendors are, there is bound to be a screw up somewhere along the line.  Don't let it ruin your day.

-Enjoy your day.  Be relaxed.  Money, effort, time and planning are PRECIOUS.  A great deal of it was spent planning this day.  SO you BOTH deserve to ENJOY every moment!

Re: Post-Wedding Bridal Advice

• I have to agree with Stage here. I did my own hair and makeup and only hired a photographer not a videographer. I don't regret any of those decisions at all.
  • I did my own makeup and don't regret it and don't regret not having a video. I think a lot of wedding "musts" and "priorities" are very individualized. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm not paying for video, but we will have our video camera there and running.  Mostly I just want to capture us saying our vows.  But the prices for the videographer were ludicrous, so I'm not paying for it.

And I very rarely put on make-up, so I'm going to hire a professional, but I'm still flip-flopping on hair, because I just want to do a side-braid.  We'll see when the day gets closer.  I'm sure there are lots of brides (like some of you talented PP) who can do their own hair and make-up and look awesome. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards