Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Shopping for Wedding Undergarments..Gifted(bigger bust) yet petite

Ladies,

please help! I have been fitted 3 times for my corset-style bustier long bra. regular bras: I wear a 34 DD or 36 C. and when I try on the 36C it's too big in the cup area. but the 34DD is tooo small. I've been fitted at Victoria's Secret, David's Bridal and Macy's.

I ordered one from David's and when I got home to try it on with my dress, it just doesn't look/ feel right for the amount I spent.

Any tips on the "right fit" and comfy(as comfy as it can be) styles for a long wedding bra?

Re: Shopping for Wedding Undergarments..Gifted(bigger bust) yet petite

• Options
    Anastasia517Anastasia517 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    Odds are those fittings are incorrect.  For one thing, 34DD & 36D are sister sizes, not 36C (although they certainly are not interchangable).  The vast majority of people don't know how to actually measure or what a properly fitting bra looks like. Go to Nordstrom.  Or at the very least measure yourself properly and order online.

Bare Necessities is a great site, which has brand sizes from 28 to 50.  Once you figure out your size, shop by bra size: http://www.barenecessities.com/sitemapbybrasize.aspx??cm_sp=leftframe-_-1.3-_-ShopByBraSize.  It won't do you any good if you have a very small rib cage, but a 28 will be much better than the much-easier-to-find 32s.

This lady shows you how to PROPERLY figure out your size: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jk55ep4XUQ.  The size may seem insane, but it is because people have a distorted view of bra sizes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure where you are, but the place I go to is called 'Intimacy' they are all over the country and do fittings in store.  I have apparently never been wearing the right bra size, but once I went to them for the first time a few months ago it was like an epiphany.  Amazing stuff. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Call the ladies at Livi Rae! They're the ones with the reality show about fitting women with all sorts of lingerie, in all sizes. It's in Kennesaw, GA and they ship all over the country.

The show is "Double Divas" by the way.

• Options
    I second @lodonnell616 's suggestion of Intimacy. They seriously changed my outlook on bras and how they should fit. They're pricey, but the fitting is free and their advice will apply to bras anywhere like Target or Victoria's Secret. FWIW, I always wore a 38B, and they put me in a 34D. I would have never tried it, but it fits so much better!
  • Options
    I'm a 34D and I wore a smooth corset bra from Frederick's that was way comfy-- Victoria's Secret never fit me right either. The Frederick's one was cheaper too.  I had to order online for my local store did not carry them, but I know that is not the case everywhere.  If you do need to order online, there return policy was easy (I had bought two for I was not sure on style--I returned the one I did not want and had a full refund within a few days). 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards