July 2013 Weddings

Guest Book

Is anyone doing anything other that just a guest book at their wedding? I've seen some couples have a photo matte that everyone signs and they can put a wedding photo in it.

One idea I'm carrying over from the bridal shower is a jar for "Date Night Ideas". People write down an idea for a date night for us. I didn't get too many at the bridal shower so I thought I'd set it out by the entrance so more people can give ideas.

Re: Guest Book

• We are doing a guestbook tree! so people will put their thumbprint as a leaf and initial their name..

Then next to it were doing a wooden piture display but its like a planter box and were gonna put flowers in it.. so itll have some cohesiveness 
  • Our photographer is making a guest book for us out of our engagement pictures. It was part of our package anyway, but I thought I'd be more likely to flip through it with the pictures in it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have a photo guest book then I'm also putting madlibs on the table of "Advice for the Bride and Groom". I'm hoping some come out really funny, but I'm sure others will fill in their "real advice"
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

We are having a traditional guest book - but our ceremony and reception are both very traditional, as my family is pretty conservative when it comes to stuff like that. My grandma and mom, who have paid for the venue, decor, etc., have done all of the guest book planning type stuff for me and I've barely seen the stuff. Not complaining - I trust them and appreciate their planning where I am too busy and am grateful to have them involved.

I have totally heard though that guestbooks are n longer that popular. I think all the DIY ideas are really neat and creative. I wish I had the time and patience for that!

• This is what we were going to do (budget and time stopped this though).

We were going to make a scrapbook filled with pictures of the two of us, leaving plenty of space on each page.  We would put one page at each table, and put a fancy pen or two for them to sign.  After the wedding, we'd collect the pages and put them into the scrapbook. 

FI and I loved this idea, but since our finances changed we had to cut it.  I'm really sad we're not doing it.

• I made a photo book from Snapfish that will be our guest book for people to sign.
  • We are getting married at our first vacation spot, and probably our favorite place. We went down in April to finalize everything, and found a picture of some of the historical/famous places in the city. We brought that, and some black pens to go with it. Our plan is to take the picture and have everyone sign around the mat.
  • We are doing an 8x8 hard cover photo book from Shutterfly. I used a pre-set wedding guest book template that I thought was cute/cool and added a few extra pages so that we could include all of the photos we wanted. There are photos of just the two of us, and then photos of us with our guests. I used an email promo code and got the book for $20 (off of over $50). I can't wait to get it in the mail!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2013
    This is my "guestbook" that I made with a firework for each guest to sign. Going to put a sign where the photo goes saying "please one, because baby you're a firework" super cheesy ;-)

OH, and a scrapbook for people to sign next to their photo booth pics
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I decided to go with the photo frame.
  • I still haven't bought ours. :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards