Michigan-Detroit
Options

Restaurant reception?

Has anyone had their reception at a restaurant? We are thinking about having the ceremony at a little chapel in Warren and then having our reception at a restaurant. We are planning on having less than 50 people, and many of the reception places I have found have minimums of 100 guests or more. Obviously we wouldn't have dancing and it would be a shorter reception (we estimate roughly 2 hours instead of 5), but we could probably still cut a cake and do toasts. We really want to keep the cost low, so I figure this will help us save money since we wouldn't need a DJ and would need minimal (if any) decorations. Does anyone have any experiences (pros or cons) to having a reception at a restaurant?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Restaurant reception?

• Options
    My sister had both of her receptions at The Brewery in Clinton Township.  There was no dancing, but she did have a cake.
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I don't have any experience with this, but I think what you'd like to do sounds perfectly fine. Our RD was at a restaurant with about 50 people and it worked out well.
  • Options
    NonosGirlNonosGirl member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    I attended a wedding like this last year. The couple was married in a church and had the reception at Ike's (17 Mile & Mound - I think). They had a room separate from the restaurant itself and did almost exactly what you described, dinner, toast, cake cutting, no dancing/DJ but they did play music with an iPod over what seemed to be the restaurants sound system.
     ETA: I believe they had 55 guests.
  • Options
    I'm sure you could do this. To help control cost, you might talk to the restaurant about doing a special menu. This way, guests aren't choosing anything off the menu, but instead have a choice of 3 or 4 entrees, plus perhaps soup/salad and dessert. In this way you could also work out paying a per head fee, versus just picking up the overall bill, having no idea going into it what it would end up being.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My sister had both of her receptions at The Brewery in Clinton Township.  There was no dancing, but she did have a cake.
    Hi there! Sorry I haven't responded; I've been out of town. That's actually exactly the place we were looking at hosting our reception. Do you know how far in advance she reserved it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing our rehearsal dinner at dave and busters and they have been amazing.  Check it out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    we are doing a buffet at the reharsal
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards