Students

Wording our invites

My fiancé and I are paying for most of the wedding ourselves. Our parents are helping, however. His parents are giving us $7000 towards the reception bar bill and the rehearsal dinner. My parents bought my wedding dress ($1,400) and are paying for the food/room rental (around $9,000). My fiancé and I are putting in roughly $17,000. Now that you know our financial standings, I'm wondering how we word the invites. Do I include their names, or do I list our names "along with their parents", or do i reference our parents at all, etc? Please help! Thank you!!

Re: Wording our invites

• Hosting isn't the same as paying for the wedding. Hosts are listed on the invite. 
  • I would put "together with their parents"

@misssunshine17 - I thought the people who paid were hosting? What is the difference?

• I would probably do "Together with their parents," but if they don't care either way, you could also just put your names and not reference them at all.
  • My fiancé and I are paying for everything ourselves so we just put our names.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I did "Together with their parents" because both sets of parents are divorced and everyone is helping some with paying for it, so that way no one has hurt feelings.

Katie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• You can say "Together with their parents" or "Together with their families".  Alternatively, you can just say "Bride's Name and Groom's Name request the etc" or "The pleasure of your company is requested at the wedding of..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards