Attire & Accessories Forum

Consignment dress regret?

My dress is a 'once loved' mint condition paloma blanca. I love it now....but i'm worried that on my wedding day i'll have a bit of regret seeing as it was already worn by another bride. I guess I'm already having a bit of regret. I think it's due to other peoples' comments. once they hear I bought a consignment dress, they automatically assume that it's lower grade/worn-looking/cheap. I'm tired of explaining to family members that consignment dresses sold in bridal boutiques are NOT worn-out looking. The boutique I got it from only accepts mint condition, perfectly drycleaned, current dresses.

anyone else having this problem?? I should have never told ppl that my dress is 'once loved'

Re: Consignment dress regret?

• My dress is a 'once loved' mint condition paloma blanca. I love it now....but i'm worried that on my wedding day i'll have a bit of regret seeing as it was already worn by another bride. I guess I'm already having a bit of regret. I think it's due to other peoples' comments. once they hear I bought a consignment dress, they automatically assume that it's lower grade/worn-looking/cheap. I'm tired of explaining to family members that consignment dresses sold in bridal boutiques are NOT worn-out looking. The boutique I got it from only accepts mint condition, perfectly drycleaned, current dresses.

anyone else having this problem?? I should have never told ppl that my dress is 'once loved'

The thing is, that dress style has probably been worn by hundreds of brides.  Just because your particular dress was worn by one person, doesn't make it any more or less exclusive.

If you loved your dress when you bought it, don't let other people's snobby opinions change that.

Try to think of a great comeback for jerks that make snobby comments about your dress. You can say something like "well, I got such a great deal, that it just left room in the budget to make sure you could be included on the guest list". 

• gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

Ugh, anyone who puts down your dress because it was worn by another bride is awful.  That's ridiculous.  Tell them to eff off and if they care so much about where your dress is from, they can pony up the cash to purchase one from the most expensive boutique you can find.

I'd stop sharing details with them.  It's none of their business where your dress is from or how much you paid.

• No one needs to know that your dress is "once loved".  Stop telling people.  It will be beautiful.
  • Yes it is that one. Yup, most ppl don't get the concept of bridal consignment
  • some bridal consigments like the one near me in ct carrys only 30% of used worn gowns the rest is gowns she gets from designer overstocks discontinued samples and salons that no longer can carry it and no one has bought the sample. granted her dresses can be up to 4 years old at this place.. i did not find what i wanted but.. u found your dress you could say hey this was one of the rare dresses she had that came from a bridal salon that could no longer carry it... 
  • Pic, pic, pic!!

Anniversary

• I agree with two time - why are you even telling people?  Who cares?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards