Attire & Accessories Forum

Re: Jewelry for my dress...help me choose

• Options

what do you mean they look cheap? They are from an etsy designer who works with Swarovski crystals, pearls and sterling silver. I don't know why you would think they look cheap??

Personally, I love the look of these pieces on the real brides shown in the listings. Here is the bracelet from the 2nd set on a real bride....all freshwater pearl and Swarovski crystal...I LOVE it!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/91498469/wedding-bracelet-swarovski-crystal-and?ref=shop_home_active

• Options
    ameraznhuneyameraznhuney member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013

I meant too much and gaudy next to that dress. 

The bracelet in #3 would be elegant enough with the dress, if a bit much, but I don't like the earrings in that set at all.  The filigree does look sort of cheap, and so does the drop crystal on the end of the earring on #1 and #2. 

The dress says so much on its own.

I agree with Retread. The bracelet that you posted is beautiful but you should have some simple drop pearl earrings.
  • Options
    gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

I say go with what you like.  I'm wearing bigger earrings and bracelet, no necklace.  I would be careful with larger earrings though, with that neckline.  Strapless dresses look better with larger/longer earrings, but for dresses with straps/sleeves (particularly these cap sleeves) would look better with an earring that is smaller.

I don't think any of these sets look cheap, FYI.  They're all pretty, but my recommendation would be to go with a smaller earring, and larger bracelet if that's what you like. They don't need to be an exact matching set either.

• Options
    I agree that all three sets are a little "too much" for your gown, which is gorgeous. If I had to choose between the three, I'd wear the last set of earrings, but not the bracelet. I also agree with the OP that simple pearl earrings and nothing else would look best with your dress. 
  • Options

Thanks for your input everyone!! I think the jewelry looks bigger in the pics than it really is. If you look at the listings, they are shown on real bride and aren't that much of a statement. I really love the chunky cuff on this bride:

• Options
    I like the set in number 3 best. But you may want to do a more simple bracelet- maybe just a single strand of smaller pearls?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Your dress is far more of a statement than that bride's though. Number 3 is my favorite, but I'm not a huge fan of the bracelet. I agree that some more simple pearls would look incredibly elegant.

Have you played around with different styles of jewelry actually with the dress? I'd buy some crummy (returnable) Target jewelry or something just to get an idea of what goes with the dress.
  • Options

I like all of the sets, but the third is my favorite. Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards