Attire & Accessories Forum

Gloves or bolero?

Ok, so here's the deal. I've found a dress I absolutely love and now I've been thinking about wearing either a bolero or gloves. However, I can't decide which would look better. For the gloves, I would go with opera length fingerless gloves (the kind with the loop that goes on your finger) and for the bolero I honestly have no clue. 

It will be a January wedding in GA, so might be a little chilly outside, but probably not heavy snow or anything of that sort and I'm getting married in an old stone church if that helps at all.

Thanks!!!

Re: Gloves or bolero?

• ameraznhuneyameraznhuney member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013

Do you really want to wear a bolero or gloves, or are you just figuring you should because of the weather?  I'm getting married in December in Maryland and I'm not covering my dress with anything.. it's way too gorgeous for that.  Oh, and btw..you dress is gorgeous too, I wouldn't want to cover or take away from that at all unless I really wanted to wear gloves/bolero.

Just me personally, I hate the look of gloves with wedding dresses.  A bolero would work, and you can find all kinds of styles and fabrics on Etsy. 

• gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    If you must choose one or the other, go with the bolero.  Gloves are hard to wear without looking tacky and awful.
  • I wore little lace fingerless gloves. Satin gloves make me think prom, and the ones with the finger loops make me think child's dance recital, because I wore a lot of those in mine over the years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards