Attire & Accessories Forum

Alfred Angelo- Bridesmaid dresses in 'Cameo'? Help!

Does ANYONE of you have any idea where I can find a picture or video of the Alfred Angelo Disney Maiden dress style #512 (the cameo with black netting)?  The website has what must be the ABSOLUTE WORST POSSIBLE PICTURE of this dress, completely concealed by a stylistic 'haze' (what were they THINKING???).  You can't see the dress at all!  Ridiculous!  This is what my girls have decided to wear, and I can't find a picture of it, much less anything to match it! 

Look at this!  http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server2800/b1ue/products/1051/images/2131/alfred-angelo-512__87489.1357970878.1280.1280.jpg  Now, that picture is ridiculous.  Ridiculous.  Horrible.  No help at all.

If you don't know anything about that particular dress, have any of you chosen AA bridesmaid dresses in the color 'Cameo'?  It's like a pinky-dusky purple-nude color that is so hard to describe, but if you have pictures of it, please, let me see them!  I have to choose matching ties and vests and such and I am hitting a total brick wall here.

I am really beginning to get desperate.  Please, anyone.  Someone must have bought this color!

-We've jointly decided to medicate any future marital discord with food.-

Re: Alfred Angelo- Bridesmaid dresses in 'Cameo'? Help!

• Can you call up a salon that carries AA and see if they have a dress in the right color? Or at least a swatch?

I also googled the dress and one of the first pictures is a clear shot of a runway model in it.
  • mcda04mcda04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Here's a better picture of the dress.

I wouldn't select matching vests and ties, it's too prom looking. A black suit would work just fine. If you wanted a matching tie; buy a swatch at AA and take to Jos. A. Banks or Mens Warehouse.
  • I'm so sorry- I realize now I should have been a little more clear.  Thank you for the link- that IS much, much better. 

I have seen the dress in person, and they gave me a teeny, tiny swatch, but what I was hoping for were actual pictures  of real people wearing them, and particularly with what other colors (flowers, groomsmen accessories, etc.) might go well with the Cameo color.  It looks pink in this picture, but the swatch I have is REALLY odd, like not pink, not salmon, not mauve or dusky purple, not blush or even nude...it's a weird color. I took the swatch to Men's Wearhouse with my fiance and tried to match it to a tie color, and I really couldn't find anything that color.

My 'colors' were supposed to be blush and gold, and I'm so frustrated j(I let them pick their own dress, and they nixed every single one that I liked, unfortunately). I would kill to see a real wedding with this dress in it, so if anyone happens to come across one, please post it here.  I would really appreciate it.

• Well, the vest is for my fiance, who says ivory is boring and wants to wear something more exciting.  The ties are for the groomsmen. 

I think part of my problem is that the colors I chose were very soft and almost neutral, and the black netting of this is throwing me off.  Our reception venue is nothing but golds and browns and earth tones, and as crazy as this sounds, it's throwing off my 'vision'. 

It just seems like this is another straw on the camel's back, so forgive me if I sound morose about it.  I'm trying really, really hard to make this work and be flexible.  I'm just having a bad day.
  • I found photos of a real wedding where the bridesmaids are wearing the Cameo color: http://www.theknot.com/contests/my-real-wedding/photo/172810/james-andreas-diy-romantic-vintage-wedding If you scroll through, you'll see what other colors are in the wedding. Hope this helps.
  • How in the WORLD did you find that?  Thank you!  That is awesome!  Thank you so much!
  • I think that dress is really super-chic and would look best with the groomsmen in the classic black and white. Colored ties/vests read so prom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards