Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Groom and Groomsmen

I need help figuring out what my FI and his groomsmen should wear. We are having a afternoon/evening wedding in a church and the reception in a friend's barn. He says that he wants to wear a black tux, but it seems like he is more set on having the classic black look. And just as I want my nice white dress, he wants to look fresh too! What are some ways that we could put this look together so that his outfit does not end up being more formal than the rest of the wedding? Maybe he could just wear a black suit with a colorful tie? I want my bridesmaids to wear a pale rose or blush colored dress. My dress is ivory and has a champagne belt. Ideas to make him stand out and look hot, yet classy?

Re: Groom and Groomsmen

• Options
    Ditto the dark suit based on the time and setting of your wedding. He'll look great!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Thanks! That's what we'll do! Is a bow tie acceptable with a suit? Or just a regular tie? 
  • Options
    Bow ties are more than fine. They are not unusual at all. Ties are a matter of preference. 
  • Options
    CMGr said:
    While a bow tie is OK, it is unusual with a suit.  Normally you wear a long four-in-hand tie with a suit.

masdumas said:
    Bow ties are more than fine. They are not unusual at all. Ties are a matter of preference. 

I think this illustrates that the perception of bow ties varies regionally.

Further, if your FI regularly wears them, he will look perfectly at home in one for your wedding. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards