Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wedding Invitations/Seating cards

Hi there!

My name is Heather and I live in St. Louis, Missouri.  I am going to grad school for Art Conservation/Restoration soon in Los Angeles, and I need to earn some extra money for the expensive move!  I hope this isn't inappropriate to post here, but I am interested in taking on any jobs for addressing wedding invitations or writing seating cards, or what have you.  I have done it before and really enjoyed it! Plus I have plenty of time on my hands right now :) I can provide any information for anyone interest, and give samples of what I've done before.

I restore artwork for a living, so I have the hand skills!

Is it ok to post this "seeking work" type post here? If not, I completely understand and didn't mean to step on any rules the forum may have.  I figured a wedding focused forum would be safer in attracting the right clientele than posting an ad on craigslist.  Please direct me somewhere else if need be!

Thank you :)

~Heather

Re: Wedding Invitations/Seating cards

• It's not acceptable here to solicit work for yourself, sorry.
    Latham101114
  • That's perfectly alright! Can you direct me to a more appropriate place? I don't happen to know anyone getting married right now, and this will only be temporary work for me - not warranting building a website, etc. 
  • manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    Heather, you have to pay for advertising on The Knot. If you're serious about this, post on Craigslist. You can also make free websites on Weebly. 
  • Oh Thanks!

I was hesitant about craigslist because you don't really know who's contacting you; it seemed safer going to an actual wedding forum.

I will delete this thread no problem if I can figure it out (I've never posted on a forum before)! Or perhaps someone else takes threads down...

• Don't worry about deleting it. 

And just because someone is on a wedding forum doesn't mean they're any safer. You still don't know who you're contacting. You'd be better off picking up a seasonal summer job in STL than trying to advertise services for this small market. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards