Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding party

Hello, 
This is my first msg board and I hope im doing it correctly. I am getting married next month and it will be a house civil wedding. It started very small and informal, but the count is now up to 100 ppl. Which opened room for a little small wedding theme( Just to make sense of it). I want to say it has a very small inspiration of that rustic feel to it(keep in mind very small). The colors im using are olive green vases and lace wrapped candles and actual burlap table runners over white linen. My wedding gown is lace and by fiance will be wearing a light color suit(I would say very light brown but not off white) with a olive green square pattern tie(more on the dark side) My close family/friends are asking me what color should they wear to give the wedding theme a better feel.  What do you all recommend?? I hope this lil information helps you, help me.

Re: Wedding party

• Options
    Thank you. Yeah, I understand, but If i was to be having a very formal wedding they would be our bridesmaids and groomsmen.  They are not specifically asking me what to wear neither am I telling them. They are just asking what colors to wear.  That's all. 
  • Options
    Thank you. Yeah, I understand, but If i was to be having a very formal wedding they would be our bridesmaids and groomsmen.  They are not specifically asking me what to wear neither am I telling them. They are just asking what colors to wear.  That's all. 
    Tell them they can wear whatever they wish - they aren't your wedding party. 
  • Options
    JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
     If your friends are wanting to wear something to go with your wedding 'decor theme,' (which I understand isn't the 'norm' to ask the bride, but who has the right to decide what the 'norm' is for you anyways!), I would think you could suggest something casual, but keeping with greens or lighter colours. (Green seems to be what you're using most I'm thinking). If you're going with the casual theme, you could suggest tan khakis & green button ups for the guys, & maybe tan or light coloured dresses for the girls, with something green to accent them. This gives them something to work with, the freedom to pick what they specifically want, and at whatever price point they are comfortable with spending. :)

I definitely agree with some of the other ladies, that if this was a more formal affair, that I would just let them know they are free to choose whatever they'd like. I think in your situation though, your friends obviously want to be more closely involved with the day, and as you said before, would have been part of the wedding party otherwise. So I'd say do whatever you'd like! They asked you, not the other way around, so I don't see a problem with giving them suggestions. :)

*J

• Options
    J, 
    Thank you so much that helps a lot. I mean what bride does not want her wedding to look perfect even  if its just a civil one. I'll let them know your suggestion and if they like they can take it and have an idea.  
  • Options
    It did not bothered me that they asked at all. I was actually very happy that they were willing to even consider doing that. I just did not have the options to provide them with, that is why I asked. Thanks anyways. 
  • Options
     Perfect! :):) I hope they like the ideas too! 
  • Options

J, 
    Thank you so much that helps a lot. I mean what bride does not want her wedding to look perfect even  if its just a civil one. I'll let them know your suggestion and if they like they can take it and have an idea.  
    It isn't "just" a civil marriage. It is just as good as everyone else's, and it will look lovely regardless of what your guests wear. No one ever expects people to match the decor and table linens.
    True thank you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards