Snarky Brides
Options

Do we want the oddster to perform the wedding?

At my parents' church, they have a priestwho is, ahem, a little ENTHUSIASTIC. He walks around during his sermons, gesturing wildly while talking in a very loud voice and repeating himself a lot. He's seems genuinely amazed by the things he says in his sermons. He's been known to hug random people. My FI and I refer to him as the SPASTOR. (Mom says he's a really nice man who tries too hard.)

I kinda want him to do our wedding ceremony (even though he's in a town 2 hours from where we live) just for the floor-show factor! Then again, I'm fairly scared about what he might do. 

Thoughts? Go for the fun factor or run away quickly in the other direction? 

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Robert Fulghum<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Re: Do we want the oddster to perform the wedding?

• Options
    I would probably go with a safer choice, but I don't want my wedding to be a show. Your choice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think if you're scared what your pastor might do during your wedding ceremony, it's time to find a new pastor. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Hm. The floor-show factor, as you put it, doesn't seem like a very nice reason to ask someone do your wedding. But if your Spastor (love that!) means a lot to you and is someone you both genuinely like and want to be a part of it, I'd say go for it. If he's just some entertaining fellow you know of, I think you'd be better off with someone else.

If you do end up asking him to officiate, hopefully he can give you an idea of what he'll say and do when you talk and especially during the rehearsal. As long as he is able to stick within the time you gave him, he sounds like fun.

What are you afraid he would do?
  • Options
    Ditto PP, if you want to put this guy on display for comedic fodder for you and your guests, that's pretty mean-spirited, and I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't like that very much.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards