Not Engaged Yet

OLW

Dear work,

Why have you been so slow?!? I feel like I'm getting paid to just sit at my desk. Let's pick it up.

Sincerely,
Bored employee

Dear wedding,

I think about you all the time and I'm getting very excited the closer you get. Yay!

Love,
Your planner

Dear FI,

Why are you on 3 tennis teams? It takes up a lot of time and I'm annoyed that I was forced to cancel plans that we made a month ago because of an unexpected match you had pop up out of no where! Next season lets just do 1 tennis team please.

Love,
Your FI

Dear vacation,

Where ever you are...I'm ready for you so please grace me with your presence!

Love,
Exhausted girl in need of the beach

Re: OLW

• Dear BF,

First order of business: I'm sorry I haven't made a decent dinner or cleaned my own house in a month. But I am super-grande into you because YOU'VE been doing those things! In August, there shall be payback.

Second order of business: So, we can't use my grandmother's ring anymore when the time comes, apparently. I don't want to just straight-up bring it up, but I have some thoughts on what I would like instead, and they are rather cost-effective! *Raises hand* So anytime you want to solicit my opinion, it is readily available.

Love,
    Your GF who is trying not to look TOO far ahead

Dear self,

Way to rock your second exam and your skills eval! You're doing well. Keep it up.

Much love,
    The part of you that is studying and working really hard right now

Dear Mom,

Thank you for buying me dinner (and OMG, that INCREDIBLE dessert!) last night. It was amazing and I had a good time talking to you. Sorry I am grouchy and not interactive lately; only 13 more months!

Love,
    Your daughter

Dear body,

...PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE do something about all the crap we've been eating and the exercise we haven't been doing! This is no longer a muffin top. It's like a souffle.

No love,
    Woman who has taken stress-eating to Olympic levels
  • Dear work,

Please go by fast today. Thank you.

Tired Employee

Dear company I work,

Interviews please and soon.

Thank you,

Awesome employee

Dear FI,

Thank you so much for all you do around the house. I love it and I love you.

Love,

Me

Dear self,

Starting in July you are working out and exercising again, no excuses!

Love,

Self

Anniversary

• Dear AZ sun,
    Please do not burn me to a crisp this weekend, pleaseandthankyou.

Love,
    Out of practice tanner

=======

Dear PHX friends,
    I cannot wait to see you Friday night and relax by the pool with you on Saturday!!

Love,
    Homesick girl

======

Dear LaSak,
    You are a freaking grad student rock star. Featuring your presentation (paper? thesis? wtf is it called?) at a major conference? WOOT

Love,
    Tiger

======

Dear DH,
    I freaking love the pants off you (and last night I literally did... ba dum dum)

Love,
    your wife
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Dear Work,

Seriously? You just get rid of insuranes if they're not used? Soooo who's fault is it that we were thisclose to losing $25000? Oh no, don't point the finger at me, I didn't build this freaking system.

No Love Today,

Your Employee

---------------------------------------

Dear BF,

Thanks for having the money talk with me last night. I'm glad we're working together more now and saving a ton of more money for the fun shit we're going to do this summer. Can't wait to eat and drink our way up and down the east coast.

Love,

Your GF

--------------------------------------

Dear Jeweler,

Please have the settings I want to look at in stock. Even though I don't feel like driving all over the Tri-state area, at least I would have an excuse to meet up with @swazzle and drink!

Love,

A total control freak

--------------------------------

Dear Groceries,

Please just magically show up on my front stoop today. I don't feel like grocery shopping.

-------------------------------

Dear Tax Bill,

Where the hell are you? I'd like to pay this shit, asap. Seriously, I'm offering the State of Connecticut money and two towns are not claiming me. FFS, I'll just send the money to the town with the lowest mill rate. This is frustrating. I know it's partly my fault, but common sense would tell you when you take out a mortgage for a house in a town, you would figure all personal property would be garaged there as well. Gahhhh.

No Love for CT

----------------------------

Dear Rain,

Please don't show up this weekend

------------------------

Dear Buddy,

I'm sorry you're going to look like a total asshole on Saturday, but I can't stand seeing you laying in front of the AC vent while it's on, even though it's funny because you're so balls out about it. This will be way more hilarious. OMG I CAN'T WAIT!

Your horrible fur mom

-------------------------------

Dear Quigley,

I'm sorry I accidentally kicked you off the bed last night, Ambien does that to me. Go blame your father for that one.

Your horrible fur mom (again)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • dear (not!) PMDD -

you suck.  go away.  I hate your guts.

no love,
    Coco
  • Dear Wendy Davis,

You're amazing. You should be totally proud of yourself for a huge job well done. Thank you for representing women in the face of ultraconservative male-dominated colleagues.

Yours,

A woman who is thankful for the option to have an abortion

---

Dear SCOTUS,

Make. The. Right. Choice.

Yours,

A die-hart straight ally

• dear Sak @laurenb09 -

I'll take care of that cupcake for you.  :)

<3
    hungry Coco
  • Dear Sak,

You're amazing!! I'm so proud of my pretty little date <3

Love,

Sous

Dear Corn/Avocado/Tomato Salad,

I am SO making you tonight. You look delicious, and I know people think I will be making potato salad, but it's all you baby.

Love,

Hungry

Dear Matt,

Last night was a lot of fun, you're a great guy. But I am just not attracted to you. If you could just kinda figure that out without me having to tell you, that'd be greaaat. We can be friends, but something tells me you won't be all about that :( I will always appreciate you teaching me what a breakfast shot is, though. Can't wait to try that!

Love,

Horny alcoholic who just wants to have fun

• Dear 500days, 

How could you forget about your groupon? It expires today and you never made an appointment with the salon. Way to go me. 

It's a shame, 
    500days

Dear BF,

Thanks for letting me sleep in this morning and remembering to take your lunch with you to work! I would come to work with you, but I wouldn't be very useful with lasers and power tools. It would probably be dangerous.

hasta pasta,
    500days

Dear NEY,

Anyone have crazy-awesome summer plans lined up? I feel like I want to do so much this summer, but beach days with friends require planning ahead and I'm more of the get up and go type. Share your summer plans with me!

:-) 500days
  • Dear Wendy Davis,

Thank you. Thank you so much. I wish you were my state senator.

Stitches

---

Dear SCOTUS,

You got it right.

Stitches

---

Dear Sak,

Congratu-freaking-lations!!!

Stitches

---

Now to the silly ones:
    Dear system,

Okay, we're close. We're really really close to functional. Please to be functioning?

Love,

Just gimme a goddamn degree

---

Dear bro's GF,

Why did I think you worked at my favorite branch of the coffee shop today? I will have to stop by and see you when I can, for you have this caramel apple spice frap you guys worked out and I must have it.

Stitches

---

Dear knitting class,

Why do you end Saturday? I wanna learn more new skills. Plus the social interaction has been awesome.

Stitches

---

Dear weather,

6 days of sun? I'll take it.

Stitches

• adding:

Dear friends:

Please vote for for us in the wedding contest, it would be really nice to win and saves us a ton of money. Thanks,

:-)

Dear self,

Stop craving ice cream you are lactose intolerant now.

Anniversary

• Dear Body,

Please stop being so tired and lazy.  I know your thyroid is messed up, but clearly it's not getting diagnosed so you need to suck it up.  Wake up and hit the gym.

You can do it!
    -Me

Dear Work,

Okay, SERIOUSLY, it's time for a promotion and a sizable raise.  I need better experience on my resume so I can get a good job when I move back to New York next year.

No Love,
    Impatient

Dear FI,

You may not know it yet, but you're probably not going to Vegas for EDC again.  Going every year "until you're too old" isn't really feasible since you're already too old.

Love you anyway,
    FI

Dear Catering Halls,

Pleasepleasepleaseeee save a few dates for me next October, just until I can get there in August.  I'm getting pretty worried...

Signed,
    Panicked Bride-to-be
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Adding:
    Dear Ellie-bellie,
    Thank you for actually drinking out of your new water fountain. I am so encouraged that you're plucking up again. A $70 fountain is cheaper than a vet bill, but I do wish you had less expensive taste.
    Love,
    "Mom" (read:staff) of an incorrigible, princess-y, girly-girl
  • 500days said:
    Dear 500days, 

How could you forget about your groupon? It expires today and you never made an appointment with the salon. Way to go me. 

It's a shame, 
    500days

Dear BF,

Thanks for letting me sleep in this morning and remembering to take your lunch with you to work! I would come to work with you, but I wouldn't be very useful with lasers and power tools. It would probably be dangerous.

hasta pasta,
    500days

Dear NEY,

Anyone have crazy-awesome summer plans lined up? I feel like I want to do so much this summer, but beach days with friends require planning ahead and I'm more of the get up and go type. Share your summer plans with me!

:-) 500days
    Usually you can still use the groupon for what you paid for it, so it shouldn't be a total loss!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Dear photographer,

Please post some sneak peeks soon. 

Sincerely,

Antsy Bride

Dear Friday,

Get here soon.  This lady needs a vacation stat.

Sincerely,

Burnt out

Dear Cancer,

You effing suck!!!  I am not ready for another funeral.  Please pack your bags and leave.

Sincerely,

Frustrated and sad
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    Mom,

I know YOU like to travel but I fucking hate it! I get horrible travel anxiety (which you you know) so I'm stressed out at least two days before leaving and 2 days before coming back not to mention the days of actual travel. Please stop planning these family vacations. I agreed to go on one in August but now you want me to fly to Virgina to visit my grandparents. Of course I would love to see them but two trips in the course of a couple weeks is super stressful for me. So just stop!

Also, I don't exactly enjoy seeing you because all you do is bitch about my weight, which I'm working on and honestly is none of your god damn business.

Your extremely annoyed daughter

• Dear AllYouBitches,

I've missed it around here.  And I secretly hope you missed me too.  I want to be around more often.  The move is stressing me out and I need you to inject sanity into me.

Love,

Shoes

Dear DH,

You will have sex with me tonight, even if you have to do it in your sleep.

Love,

I don't want my virginity to grow back!

Dear Brother,

Soon I will be in the Windy City.  And we'll be neighbors...for the first time in 10+ years!

Love,

Sister

Dear Buggle,

This weekend I will find a home in Chicago.  I will send you lots of pics of closets so you can vote on which you'd most want to be the tenant of.  Get excited.

Love,

Shoes/Closet Landlord

Dear Liv,

Thank you for keeping me sane.  And you know, being awesome.  You are gorgeous and TINY and I am SO proud of you.  I had to try really hard not to cry the last time we hung out. 

Love,

Your lunatic enabler

Dear Temp Job,

Thanks for not giving me anything to do these days.  Cuz I have no focus.

No love,

Here for a paycheck

Dear Crazy Girl Who Wants to Sublease My Apartment,

Reply to emails!  And give me your check!

No Love,

Wants your money

• @loves2shop4shoes Welcome to the Chi!  I'm biased and love this city, and hope you do, too!   What area are you moving to?  I'm in Bucktown currently, but have lived in a handful of other neighborhoods for the last 9 years.

photo bridalparty.jpg
  • @Suzie211 we're not sure which area we're moving to.  We're looking at Lakeshore, Gold Coast, and Lincoln Park.  But we'll look at anything in the Loop as well.

I'm totally open to recommendations!
  • suzie211suzie211 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    @loves2shop4shoes I've lived in GC, Lakeview and River North. All of them are commutable distance to the Loop by bus or the Red line. Also all of them are off the lake and super close to the beach. It's the biggest reason I lived in them:)

I LOVED my old building in the Gold Coast and would be happy to get you info on it. We have a good friend who owns a real estate company and works rentals, too. We used him to rent out FI's condo, and he had it rented in 3 days. If you need someone a little more familiar with prices, commutablility, and neighborhoods I can get you his contact info. His company was just on House Hunters Monday night so he knows his stuff.

We moved west to Bucktown because it's a little more family friendly and cheaper than being directly on the lake. The Blue line runs by us and is an easy way to get downtown for FI and right off the expressway for me. We plan on staying here once we start a family.

I will gladly play tour guide, as well! I have favorite spots in each area that I'd be happy to share.

Good luck with your move!

photo bridalparty.jpg
  • suzie211 said:
    @loves2shop4shoes I've lived in GC, Lakeview and River North. All of them are commutable distance to the Loop by bus or the Red line. Also all of them are off the lake and super close to the beach. It's the biggest reason I lived in them:) I LOVED my old building in the Gold Coast and would be happy to get you info on it. We have a good friend who owns a real estate company and works rentals, too. We used him to rent out FI's condo, and he had it rented in 3 days. If you need someone a little more familiar with prices, commutablility, and neighborhoods I can get you his contact info. His company was just on House Hunters Monday night so he knows his stuff. We moved west to Bucktown because it's a little more family friendly and cheaper than being directly on the lake. The Blue line runs by us and is an easy way to get downtown for FI and right off the expressway for me. We plan on staying here once we start a family. I will gladly play tour guide, as well! I have favorite spots in each area that I'd be happy to share. Good luck with your move!

@suzie211 YES PLEASE!  I can haz contact info??
  • @loves2shop4shoes  I PM'd you the info.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards