July 2013 Weddings
Options

My dress came in!!!!

Finally! I had gone over the Davids Bridal, just to see if there was something there I liked so I would have a back up plan. Then, when myappointment there was over, it occurred to me that my bridal salon was really close by, so I should just go there. Apparently my dress had arrived that morning, and it just so happened that their alterations lady had an opening 30 minutes after I got to their shop. 

.::Phew::. They don't have to make any alterations, just putting in a bustle, and putting in the corset back (they weren't able to order one that came with a corset back unless I was willing for it to come in 2 days after the wedding... ummm... no.) So they're paying for the cost of the corset to be put in. My next appointment (and hopefully, my last) will be July 9th... 4 days before the wedding on the 13th. It's a time crunch, but it's better than nothing!

Re: My dress came in!!!!

• Options
    drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Good for you! That is a big stress relieved I bet!
  • Options
    HOORAY!!!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Oh jeepers... so I told my grandmother that the dress was going to be done on July 9th, and she lost it. she flipped all over the scenery and called them up and threatened to sue and said there was no reason why I shouldn't have my dress tomorrow. ::sigh:: I'm so going to owe the ladies at the store flowers and chocolate after the whole thing is done. While they have been giving me the run-around, I honestly don't think it's all their fault. I think there's something screwy going on with merchandising, because, seriously, no way could they function on a daily basis if everything happened as sporadically as it has with my dress.

She said they're going to call us back in the morning, and that I am to stay as neutral on the subject as possible, and let her be the bad cop. I'm just not going to answer the phone, because I'm such a freaking push over. i'm going to let the 100% Hungarian little old lady who doesn't give a rat's anymore what people think fight this one out.
  • Options
    You seem to have such a level head about this whole thing, bravo! Seriously though, great job staying the neutral one. Sorry this is all happening at once :(
  • Options
    the last time that i talked to the dress store, they said that I owed them about $390 still for the balance remaining of the dress. Fine. Made sense to me. 

but then... somehow, after whatever my grandmother did, or said, or who knows... now they are saying that they owe me $200, and that my dress will be in 5 days before the date they initially quoted me. 

Seriously, sometimes I swear my grandmother is a mafia boss or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards