Attire & Accessories Forum

Underwire?

So, my dress has a tank bodice, meaning that, luckily, I don't have to worry about straps -- the dress itself lines up just right with bra straps, so no worries there. My question is, do I really need to go underwire? I'm not tiny, but I hate wearing them, and it seems to me the dress will have plenty of support built right in. I'd rather wear a more comfortable bra, to be frank. Yes, of course I'll talk to them at the salon, but I have to assume they're more interested in selling me something than making my life easier, so I'm wondering what other Knotties who aren't going strapless do. Thoughts?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

Re: Underwire?

• Have you ever considered just have cups sewn into the dress?  This way you wouldn't have to wear any bra at all.  And you are right, wedding dresses do have a bit more construction on the inside so unless you have a pretty large chest you should stay in place and looking perky.

Also, I would maybe look into a different seamstress then using DBs because I heard some horror stories about their alterations department and they tend to be way over priced.  I would take your dress to a reputable seamstress in your area and see what they say.

• Good advice Maggie, yes. I've thought about cups, or I wondered, mostly, if I could just wear a nice cotton bra for a little more support, but nothing over the top. Honestly, the top of that dress is pretty stiff, I'm not going anywhere in it. :)

Luckily, my dress needs very few alterations -- just a little take-up on the straps. I've heard those stories too unfortunately, which is part of why I didn't want to rely on their advice about undergarments. I will say the salesperson I've worked with at my store as been way way above and beyond wonderful every step of the way, so it's been a good experience with her thus far.

Thanks for the tips!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards