Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Wedding colors

My wedding is in a year and I'm starting to plan but I'm stuck on the colors we are going with a romantic/love theme and my fiancé wants red as a color what colors can i put with red that will look great without making it look like valentines day?

Re: Wedding colors

• Options

I think the shade of red could really determine how valentines-y it looks.  Does your fiance want bright red?  And what season is your wedding?

Maybe since it's the Cape you could do a cranberry red, that has a bit of a pink hue to it, to tone things down.  That would look nice with ivory, gold/copper, or sage.

I am personally not a fan-but some people do metallics with it, a gold or a silver.  It's a very bold look. 

Either way, I would start with taking your fiance to a paint or hardware store.  Pull out paint chips for the red you are looking for, so that you are on the same page, and then have some fun matching.  I also recommend holding onto the paint chip you want, so that when you deal with vendors they know exactly which red you want, and you don't end up with 80 shades of red.

Anniversary
  • Options
    A shimmery silver?  I am getting married in December and we're going with a silvery look.  Bridesmaids are in shimmery grey.  Maybe a cream color to go with red?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards