Not Engaged Yet

Confessions

Re: Confessions

• @peaseblossom55 : and how does that have anything to do with deserving brownie brittle??  ;)  it doesn't!  and painting totally counts.  when we paint the house, I am always so tired and sore the day after.  just because it's not a "work-out" doesn't mean it's not physical activity,
  • suzie211suzie211 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    I confess I need 60K in orders to hit my quota for the quarter, and have 175k out in customer quotes.  If one of these doesn't hit I may go ape shit.  Nothing like begging all day today and tomorrow.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I confess that I have eaten two brownie squares just while waiting for my lunch to heat up, and that now I desperately want a cupcake with loads of icing.

I confess that my best friend and I agreed to eat dinner at her house tomorrow night so we could save money and eat healthier, and immediately afterward I went, "So I'll bring a fancy dessert?" and she replied, "Of course!" and neither of us was joking.

I confess that I sometimes want to kick a couple of other nursing students in the face for no reason at all, other than that they annoy me and are probably smarter than me.

I confess that I did bring up the ring thing yesterday with BF. We talked, it was productive and good, but I felt slightly ridiculous afterward.

(Back story: Basically, my mom told me a couple months ago that she really missed wearing my grandmother's engagement ring, which had been left to me, so BF was going to use it to propose when the time came. BF and I decided that yeah, she needed it more than we do so she could have that connection to her mother, so that was that, she wears it all the time now, all is well. And then nothing else was said. So I was just like, "...But he doesn't know what I like other than that ring." So I finally went there, just to say, "So, this is awkward, but now that we don't have a ring to use, I just want to tell you that I really don't care if you buy me a diamond, I actually really like the gemstones and such, and please just don't get me yellow gold or spend a gazillion dollars on it." And he seemed glad to get that information and had some thoughts of his own, and he even said that now he knew exactly what he was going to get, so that's good. But I felt super-silly bringing it up afterward, so...=/ I don't know if I should have waited until he mentioned it (if he even would have), or given it a few more month, or what. Sigh.)

I confess that, on a possibly related note, I just googled emerald engagement rings while eating my lunch, and I'm liking what I see.

I confess that I should be taking a shower and preparing for clinical tomorrow instead of worrying about this foolishness.

I confess that the only other confessions I can think of are diet and exercise related, and I feel like this makes me boring.
  • @amapola14 - Don't feel silly for talking with your BF about rings! My BF and I have had plenty of conversations about the ring. I didn't want a diamond and the only way for him to know that was for me to tell him! He can't know what you want if you don't bring it up and no guy wants to get his GF a ring she hates :)

Also, emerald rings are gorgeous!

Also new confession: I think my birth control is making it very difficult for me to lose weight and I should go off the pill. I need to lose weight for my health and self-esteem. But I'm hesitant to go off the pill because BF is super paranoid about getting pregnant and I don't think he'll want to have sex as much if we are just using condoms.

I should also probably get my thyroid tested but for some reason I'm procrastinating on that.

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2013
    I confess I want a Danmese (Danish/Vietnamese) baby now.  Hubs is more excited than I, but I think I might be rivaling him, just won't admit it to him. MotoBABY!  But I don't want to be pregnant when we travel to Denmark for Christmas.

I confess I am so excited to go to Kona, HI to do a 18 mile outrigger canoe race, I may die in the process.

I confess I am a whole LOT hornier once I came off the pill. 
  • @bethsmiles - Have you considered trying a different BC? A different pill or a different form altogether?

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    Swazzle said:
    @bethsmiles - Have you considered trying a different BC? A different pill or a different form altogether?
    I have...but honestly I need to lose the weight and I'm not willing to go through possibly months of not making any progress trying to find something that works. I want to lose 60 lbs (need to lose about 45 - the last 15 lbs I want to lose are just for vanity really) and I've never been as motivated as I am now but I know I'll lose this motivation if I continue not to lose.

But I am going to make an appointment with my doctor in the next week or so to talk about things. So if she gives me more options I'll try to be open to them.

• I confess that I hate my weekly meetings because they make me feel like every week I'm going in to justify my continued employment, even though that probably isn't true.

I confess that I'm burning out between my two 3/4-time projects at work, my side job for insurance, and selling the knitting.

I confess that I seriously thought about marrying BF when it looked like I wasn't going to have health insurance 1.5 months ago. We talked about it, agreed we would marry quickly, but both were relieved when we didn't end up having to do it. We want to get married, but not that way. Not for that reason.

I confess that I really don't care what you think about that last confession. At the time, it was right for both of us. And we'd agreed that we wanted to marry long before that point.
  • I confess that I REALLY need to start working out, like, yesterday. I am NOT happy with myself, and that needs to change.

I confess that now that I know that BFs family loves me and wants us to get married, and (more importantly) HE wants us to get married... I want that to happen RIGHTNOW. I may or may not have google image searched engagement rings today. 

I confess that even though I adore my new job, and I'm really happy here, part of my heart really really REALLY still wants to be in Boston. I further confess that the thought of settling down in this area for good scares/depresses me. 

I confess that BF & I need to have a come to jesus talk about the dog and her lack of manners, and our disciplining/training strategies. She pawed at a child last night and scratched him because he stopped patting her, and she jumps on everyone we meet. I confess that I think part of this is his fault because he isn't firm/strict with her. 

I also confess that it annoys the SHIT out of me that everyone thinks she is perfect because she's a gorgeous, fluffy, Golden Retriever. However, I know that if we owned a pit bull (which I really wanted) and she scratched a child, all hell would break loose. 

*******************************************************************************************

• I confess that I hate my weekly meetings because they make me feel like every week I'm going in to justify my continued employment, even though that probably isn't true.

I confess that I'm burning out between my two 3/4-time projects at work, my side job for insurance, and selling the knitting.

I confess that I seriously thought about marrying BF when it looked like I wasn't going to have health insurance 1.5 months ago. We talked about it, agreed we would marry quickly, but both were relieved when we didn't end up having to do it. We want to get married, but not that way. Not for that reason.

I confess that I really don't care what you think about that last confession. At the time, it was right for both of us. And we'd agreed that we wanted to marry long before that point.
    The only thing I would have a problem with is if you had lied to your family and friends about it and then decided to have PPD. Life happens and sometimes that affects your plans. Even if you had gotten married because of health insurance I don't think that would make it the reason you got married (you would get married because you love each other) it would just be the reason for the timing - nothing wrong with that.

• Never would have had a PPD. We would have invited our immediate families (and loved to see them if possible) and made sure everyone else knew.
  • @peaseblossom55 : and how does that have anything to do with deserving brownie brittle??  ;)  it doesn't!  and painting totally counts.  when we paint the house, I am always so tired and sore the day after.  just because it's not a "work-out" doesn't mean it's not physical activity,
    You really are right.  I should get some brownie brittle.  Sadly since we've moved in I've gotten so used to painting I'm not even sore anymore...

Anniversary

• CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    @bethsmiles, thanks :) I know he's not a mind-reader, but it just felt strange to bring it up randomly like that. We have a pretty exact timeline in place, and I know it will be ~1 year plus or minus some decimals, but I wasn't sure when he planned on buying the ring, so I figured...just tell him and move on. I'm fighting off a case of BSC right now, so I couldn't decide whether I was within the bounds of sanity or not, lol.

Ugh, I hope your doctor can give you some better options for the BCP thing. They definitely have all kinds of effects. I know the one I was on before my current pill didn't make me gain weight, but I got to be a psycho bitch all the time instead. So hopefully there is something else you can try that will let you pursue your goals without any nasty side effects.

Edited for clarity
  • @amapola14 - I used to bring up rings at really randoms with BF - in the car on the way to the store, while we were watching tv, etc. I changed my mind a lot so I ended up bringing it up a lot lol. I think BSC is more on the nagging/obsessing end of things - you can still bring it up without being crazy :)

I'm trying to fight of the BSC-ness too! Originally BF and I were planning to get married this summer, right after he graduated but decided to push it back a year to give him time to find a job, so now after an extra year of waiting I'm getting a little impatient!

Plus he has a BSC friend that I really don't like and the immature, bratty side of me doesn't want her to get engaged before me.

• @bethsmiles -- Got ya. That all makes sense. I'm switching my BC next month. I've been on Microgestin for a few years now and I'm switching to Skyla (similar to Mirena but smaller).

• I confess that I really want to tell the loud sneezer in the next office over to stfu. She sneezes so loud and violently, I jump out of my seat.

I confess I still get nervous in movie theatres and other places with lots of people and loud unexpected noises (see above). I don't know if I should work on that, but I feel like driving through Newtown triggered something (again). I couldn't avoid driving through there (I tried) but I didn't think it would affect anything. Ugh....

I confess I should get off my ass and make some popcorn.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I confess that I was scared to post my confession because I thought that I'd be seen as a "speshul snowflake" even though I didn't (and don't) think I was/am one. I'm not the first person to end up in that circumstance. @bethsmiles made me feel better - thank you.
  • I confess I should go after work to my tailor to get a bridesmaids' dress altered for a wedding I'm in next month, but I'll probably wait until tomorrow.  I have a month until the wedding.

Anniversary

• @bethsmiles

Haha, that's where this conversation is going. But yes, I totally get it. BF and I have pushed things off too; we were planning on getting married this spring, but with my schooling and our goal of buying a house, it just made more sense to wait until I graduate. Neither of our families is rushing us out of the house, so we are lucky to have the chance to save and prepare for the future. When I'm busy it's easy not to think about, "Gosh, this time last year I thought..." but sometimes it just creeps up.
  • @amapola14 - OMG I love that GIF. Glee is my guilty pleasure. I pull myself away from it but inevitably I will get sucked back in!

You're lucky your family isn't pushing you! My mom has been pushing us to get engaged for years. Yesterday she texted me wedding ideas for "the wedding no one thinks will happen" - her words. I just rolled my eyes lol

How long do you have left in school?

• I confess that ever since I joined I feel kind of weird being on here. Like someone will find me and make fun of me for being on a wedding site when I'm not engaged. I feel like maybe I should have waited to join until I was engaged? 

I confess that I don't think the 1 1/2 ride back and forth would be that bad. Or maybe I'm a sucker that has been to too many boston ceremonies and newport receptions. 

I confess that I should be actively seeking more reference letters to spruce up my schoolspring account because I still need a job for the upcoming year. I'm just banking on something coming up in August right now. 

I confess that I hate the car I drive and wish I could afford another one...not even a new one, just another car!
  • @bethsmiles Our relationship tickers are only a month apart, so I feel you. Not that longevity of relationships *means* anything, but I noticed and I felt the need to post lol
  • I confess that @500days is a Red Sox fan & has a breaded cat as her avatar, so I like her. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @bethsmiles, oh my word, that is awkward and strange wording. I feel for you. At least it means she likes him!

No, the family isn't pushing us at all (except his cousins, but they're just trying to annoy him - and they tend to succeed). What drives me nuts is people who don't even know us who offer commentary. A co-worker of mine recently told me that "if a guy doesn't propose in 3 years he's not going to. Period." I had a hard time not smacking the ever-loving shit out of him, but I just said something about being perfectly content with our decisions and circumstances, even if they don't meet others' totally unfounded standards.

I will graduate end of July/early August 2014, so a little over a year from now. Then I will probably take a month or two to study for the NCLEX, and hopefully by then I will have at least some leads on a job, if not already have one lined up. I miss having disposable income, lol.
  • Amapola14 said:
    @bethsmiles, oh my word, that is awkward and strange wording. I feel for you. At least it means she likes him!

No, the family isn't pushing us at all (except his cousins, but they're just trying to annoy him - and they tend to succeed). What drives me nuts is people who don't even know us who offer commentary. A co-worker of mine recently told me that "if a guy doesn't propose in 3 years he's not going to. Period." I had a hard time not smacking the ever-loving shit out of him, but I just said something about being perfectly content with our decisions and circumstances, even if they don't meet others' totally unfounded standards.

I will graduate end of July/early August 2014, so a little over a year from now. Then I will probably take a month or two to study for the NCLEX, and hopefully by then I will have at least some leads on a job, if not already have one lined up. I miss having disposable income, lol.
    Those people are the worst. I've had several of my guy friends say annoying shit like that. I just smile and change the subject.

• @brisox81 that love was from me. @500days you are awesome because you are a Red Sox fan. If you are NOT a Bruins fan though, we may have problems ;p

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @500days, I can totally identify with your first confession. Sometimes I feel silly, but hey, we're not exactly going berserk with the pre-planning on this board. We're just living life and talking about it with each other, and that is nothing to be ashamed of.

I do sometimes worry someone will track me down, though, lol. But I'm not saying anything BF or I wouldn't say to our friends, so hopefully nothing incriminating will be revealed if I do cross paths with someone I know IRL.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    @amapola14 and @500days - I can relate to the worry of people finding out I'm on here. BF knows, he doesn't care but I think other people would think I'm crazy. Although even if people wouldn't think I was crazy I still wouldn't want IRL to find me here because I talk about things on here I don't really want to talk about with people IRL.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I have more to add..

I confess that I feel totally angry and frustrated today. I'm mad at everything right now and I don't know if it's horomones, lack of sleep, stress, or a combination of the three.

I confess that I'm going to go home and get drunk by myself but I plan on making an effort at attacking the weeds in our yard first to try and ease my frustrations in a more productive way.

• I have more to add..

I confess that I feel totally angry and frustrated today. I'm mad at everything right now and I don't know if it's horomones, lack of sleep, stress, or a combination of the three.

I confess that I'm going to go home and get drunk by myself but I plan on making an effort at attacking the weeds in our yard first to try and ease my frustrations in a more productive way.

I want to join minus the weed attacking. Don't be mad, call me : ) I want to tell you something funny anyways that I found out yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards