Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Limos

I am so far behind on all the wedding planning.  Does anyone know any limo services that aren't expensive?  We have 10 people for the limo and Im getting $600.  Also, there is a bus or mini van rental for less then 400.  Do we have to have a limo??

Re: Limos

• Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to have a limo at all.  Can people drives themselves?
    image Ivory
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have information from many different companies, however, prices are for a much larger vehicle.  PM me if you would like any information.

You don't have to have a limo/bus.  Depending on your situation, where your ceremony and reception are located, it might not make sense to have one.  My ceremony is in Pittsburgh and reception is in Wexford.  We have about 3 hours between the ceremony and reception, we are going to take pictures and such.  For me it was a matter of accommodating our wedding party and their S/O.

I believe Marbus is using a school bus? (I might be wrong).  That may be a less expensive route.

GL!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011

Maybe you should use a time machine.

• Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Some people used designated driver...http://ddlimo.net/

Are you talking about using a limo for after the reception?  Where is your reception?  Are you staying at a hotel? your own place?  Could you get someone to drive you? or call a cab?  There are plenty of options, if you are worried about saving money, may be not drink and drive yourself - I know easier said than done but it will save you money!  Just another option.

As for flowers, you may want to start looking into florists or diying now?  Page Jennybee, her flowers were lovely and didn't pay a whole lote of money for them. 

image Ivory
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Your Designated Driver. (The link is in my planning bio).  It is pretty much the least expensive service out there (and I looked around a ton).

I used it for 6 hours and paid something like $400 plus tip.

The hotel where you all are staying may have a shuttle as well.

Ultimately, if it isn't in your budget, it isn't in your budget. People will have to worry about providing their own transportation.

I did my own flowers for a total cost of around $300. I used silks and it was so easy.

HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You absolutely do not need a limo.  Your BP would probably be happy to drive themselves.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    vargogevargoge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If your budget is what you say it is, then forget the limo. I was in a wedding with a previously mentioned company and the quality and service were horrible. You get what you pay for and if you want a beat up limo, that's what you will get.  If you can afford it, call Vogue Limousines (724-523-0545), we are using them for our wedding and they are by far the best around and not the most expensive as we found. They received the "Best of the Knot" award the last three years as best wedding limo company (If you can afford them).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards